Ce European Standard Fireworks - Why No Effect Descriptions?

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 3rd
Feb 13, 2013
I have noticed on many new CE European Standard fireworks effects are not mentioned at all on the label-is there any good reason for this? It's a real shame many importers and distributors of fireworks do not feel it is necessary on the new fireworks, it's nice to know what a firework does before you light it than keep you guessing by saying nothing ;) in my Diamond Big Boom box, the labels do not tell you what each ones does like the BS7114 stock does.

Oct 13, 2012
Well 'emits showers of sparks' didn't exactly tell you much either. Today we have videos of most fireworks online. You also get the NEC weight with ce.

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 3rd
Feb 13, 2013
Well 'emits showers of sparks' didn't exactly tell you much either. Today we have videos of most fireworks online. You also get the NEC weight with ce.
Not quite strictly true-some brands DO have a performance description panel on their like Planet, Brothers and Brightstar and one or two other brands telling exactly what colours/effects each one produces without recourse to a videoclip, also some only give access to videoclips online via their websites to registered users ie retail trade customers/wholesalers. ;)

Oct 13, 2012
Not quite strictly true-some brands DO have a performance description panel on their like Planet, Brothers and Brightstar and one or two other brands telling exactly what colours/effects each one produces without recourse to a videoclip, also some only give access to videoclips online via their websites to registered users ie retail trade customers/wholesalers. ;)
Yes but having the extended descriptions were not required by bs. Even with new CE stuff the detailed descriptions remain.

But I havent got any selection boxes so I don't really know, I mean under bs you would get 'produces whistle' which was quite useful.

Reactions: AnthonyUKpyro

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
It was nice when they used to have some sort of description on.

I noticed this when selecting a few fountains out the mega box from Asda to light for halloween, we just wanted quieter ones really. Would of been a lot better in that case if the fountains simply had, emits whistles, emits crackles etc...

Also sort of around this problem... how the hell do they get away with some of the effect pictures they stick to the side of each firework! TNT are probably the worse I know for this, shell bursts or what looks like them on the comet bomb single shotters!!

Oct 13, 2012
It was nice when they used to have some sort of description on.

I noticed this when selecting a few fountains out the mega box from Asda to light for halloween, we just wanted quieter ones really. Would of been a lot better in that case if the fountains simply had, emits whistles, emits crackles etc...

Also sort of around this problem... how the hell do they get away with some of the effect pictures they stick to the side of each firework! TNT are probably the worse I know for this, shell bursts or what looks like them on the comet bomb single shotters!!
Agreed, the TNT photos with pictures of shells then a small 'effect may vary'. Just another reason why I dislike tnt.

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
It's good to know whether the firework produces crackles/whistles/bangs or whatever, so it's easy if you only want ultra-low noise effects, but I don't really like detailed descriptions, as it spoils the surprise element :)

And I agree with the TNT pictures, nowhere near like the real effect, makes you wonder how they can get away with it really :rolleyes:

zephieish

Royal Knight the 1st
Sep 6, 2014
West Midlands
There is new legislation in force now that will stop retailers from doing things like this, like advertising a small firework and blowing the image up to a ridiculous size / proportion.

Although I can't say whether it will extend to product packaging itself, but we can only hope!

Oct 13, 2012
There is new legislation in force now that will stop retailers from doing things like this, like advertising a small firework and blowing the image up to a ridiculous size / proportion.

Although I can't say whether it will extend to product packaging itself, but we can only hope!
That isn't even an issue with fireworks, no retailers even do that. What is done though happens in the factory, making the packaging 1000% larger than is required.