Astra Fireworks Carnival (old Spec)

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

FireworksDude86

Noble the 3rd
Dec 23, 2014
Launched the entire box.

2002-ish so quite old. Typical small pieces that are designed for a small family display.

The box contains 16 fireworks in total which consist of:

13 fountains
2 5 shot roman candles (both the same)
1 wheel
1 'taper' lighter (thin and like an incense stick)

Nowadays of course this is more of a collectors piece since it's no longer in production.

I don't mind this pack from what I have seen. Compared to todays typical cheap supermarket boxes it does ok (although no mines, rockets, mini cakes or major aerial shots make it weaker).

Best (IMO). Flowering buds (Fountain). Although its basic, the screeches were so loud my ears starting ringing :

Middle of the road. Whistle wheel. Quite a loud screech, a bit of variety from the same old typical fountains:

Worst. Blue Gems. Bigger than a few others, wasn't blue, barely lasted 5 seconds, tiny fountain effect:

The rest of the fireworks from the box are on my channel. :D

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AnthonyUKpyro

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Thats a nice little box, certainly far superior to the small boxes you can get today :)
It's almost a shame to know you've let it off dude as its so old

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 3rd
Feb 13, 2013
The next one up Astra Festival (green box) is ever so much better;a shot tube roman candle, slightly better range of fountains, a small mine, 2x7shot small barrages and some whistling rockets plus slightly better roman candles. ;)

FireworksDude86

Noble the 3rd
Dec 23, 2014
I am definitely a bit gutted that its gone but I still have 4 or 5 of these selection boxes and now theres info on the internet about the box to keep it's memory alive.

Had a look at the festival box online and yeah it does seem quite a nice box. The shot tube candles in that box seem to have quite a few shots to it (opposed to the not so special "five colour candle" from this pack)

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
The next one up Astra Festival (green box) is ever so much better
also more expensive anthony

I am definitely a bit gutted that its gone but I still have 4 or 5 of these selection boxes and now theres info on the internet about the box to keep it's memory alive.

if you have 4 of them then it isn't really a shame you used one, it's nice to see what it looks like :)