• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Cadburys Banning Word Easter

Gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 4th
well, I mean if i am reading this right :eek: What the hell is this about?:eek: it will be removed on their eggs in case it offends other religions. o_O

12795077_10204869387854514_3294292455514986010_o.jpg

This is bleedin' crazy and absolutely stupid!!! I personally REFUSE to be politically correct in what I say do write and action and if ANYONE whoever comes to me and tries to trip me up personally by saying that's wrong you might offend others, then I personally tell them to politely 'jog on', why should EVERYTHING in the United Kingdom and indeed Europe kow-tow to ethnic minorities and religeons for fear of offending them??? TOTALLY PATHETIC. This sort of cr*p drives me completely round the twist and up the wall THIS IS THE UNITED KINGDOM NOT UKISTAN. :(

Gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 4th
Each to their own and this is why I do not believe in a religion because it is too controlling in the eyes of an individual. But i am not against people in general i treat them the same as others. regardless of their beliefs.

But resorting to a company of this status doing something like this is beyond.

Somersetpyro

Sovereign the 7th
I think this country has completely lost track with what is being respectful towards non-christian religions (which is of course very important in a multicultural society like ours) and what is going over the top, we are first and foremost a christian-based country, so why shouldn't we advertise Easter on products that are sold for a christian festival. It's way too far to go, and i'm disappointed that Cadbury's have done this. I'm not a religious person, but i do think it's important to withhold british traditions, and Easter is one of those

I hope next year as a result of the change EVERYBODY in the UK REFUSES TO BUY CADBURY CHOCOLATE EGGS. I am sure other companies wouldn't follow suit by removing the word Easter from their products and I hope they refuse to do so;and if ethnic minorities are offended by the word Easter and any other British religeous festivals then so what? I would say to them "It's NOT your country to dictate the UK's traditions celebrations and festivals for your own controlling agendas and ways".

Gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 4th
I hope next year as a result of the change EVERYBODY in the UK REFUSES TO BUY CADBURY CHOCOLATE EGGS. I am sure other companies wouldn't follow suit by removing the word Easter from their products and I hope they refuse to do so;and if ethnic minorities are offended by the word Easter and any other British religeous festivals then so what? I would say to them "It's NOT your country to dictate the UK's traditions celebrations and festivals for your own controlling agendas and ways".
I see your point but let us keep it clean.. yes given its a tradition celebrated around the world. and I understand the anger towards all this. But still in a calm way, I really don't think we should stop using words or change them for others.

But TBH this can be said for Bonfire night, as its offends. it is only offending because it is not part of what other do. and that it cannot be changed on offending rights. Everything that has happened for years up to now is a UK tradition and should stick around to show the masses that we still have a love for things like this.

Somersetpyro

Sovereign the 7th
It can't all go 1 way can it though, there's nothing to stop us saying we're offended by Diwali or another similar festival (i can't think of any others off the top of my head) but i bet f we did there would be an outcry. There's no reason why we can't celebrate all religious festivals in this country, and people pick and choose individually which ones they'll celebrate, which is how i think it should be :)

Gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 4th
It can't all go 1 way can it though, there's nothing to stop us saying we're offended by Diwali or another similar festival (i can't think of any others off the top of my head) but i bet f we did there would be an outcry. There's no reason why we can't celebrate all religious festivals in this country, and people pick and choose individually which ones they'll celebrate, which is how i think it should be :)
This here wins!!! hands down wins the internet. I agree no reason why we all cannot just accept everything instead of spoiling the fun.

I see your point but let us keep it clean.. yes given its a tradition celebrated around the world. and I understand the anger towards all this. But still in a calm way, I really don't think we should stop using words or change them for others.

But TBH this can be said for Bonfire night, as its offends. it is only offending because it is not part of what other do. and that it cannot be changed on offending rights. Everything that has happened for years up to now is a UK tradition and should stick around to show the masses that we still have a love for things like this.
I apologize Gaz and I am sorry, but this ridiculous notion of banning seemingly innocent and fun things we Brits enjoy and celebrate every year for "fear of offending other ethnic minorities and/or religeons" is literally verging on the ridiculous and people SHOULD stand up and speak out against it and challenge this when potty things like this happen, because if we let political correctness episodes like this rule the day and get things like Easter/Christmas etc changed and/or needlessly banned because of fear of offence to others, then this country has literally sunk into a VERY sad state of affairs indeed. Just saying ok. ;)

Gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 4th
I apologize Gaz and I am sorry, but this ridiculous notion of banning seemingly innocent and fun things for "fear of offending other ethnic minorities and/or religeons" is literally verging on the ridiculous and people SHOULD stand up and speak out against it and challenge this when potty things like this happen, because if we let political correctness episodes like this rule the day and get things like Easter/Christmas etc changed and/or needlessly banned because of fear of offence to others, then this country has literally sunk into a VERY sad state of affairs indeed. Just saying ok. ;)
I accept your frustrations, I agree completely I mean countless of times people say it's offending my religion this and that and the other. But what it boils down to. When people state that then why is that not offend the person in question who getting blasted with this type of attitude.

it down to their own choices you either celebrate easter in your own way or not. Same for Christmas, I believe it's a time for family and friends, Nothing to do with religion.

But if that person who believes in that religion fair enough you can celebrate it in that way I'm not offended by it. (Only when it is rammed down my neck.) Just because you don't like the word or the religion doesn't mean you can force it away.

Given what @Somersetpyro posted on the main firework chat, about that anti-parade against fireworks because it scares animals. It is all the same thing. Countless of articles leaflets advice on how to keep an animal calm. it just another way to get people angry with each other.

Somersetpyro

Sovereign the 7th
All it boils down to is this country is too soft when it comes to other religions/groups of people ect. To my knowledge we are one of the only countries who goes as far as banning certain things that are tradition in this country because of a minority group complaining it offends them. Certainly other EU nations like France don't do it. And i don't read on the news everyday that France are a bunch of racists for standing firm and upholding their customs (which are Catholic-based usually)

I firmly believe that Britain should embrace a multicultural society, and respect it as well, but the fact remains that the people who are offended by Easter are a minority group in a primarily Christian nation. Therefore, the minority should have to accept that fact, and put up with Easter branding. Because i know that there is no way that this would happen if the shoe was on the other foot, and it was a christian minority claiming that another religious festival was offensive. The other festival would stay, and that is how it should be.

As i said in an earlier post, it's important that we respect the beliefs of everyone in the country, but at the end of the day, if you are part of a minority group who is offended by Easter or any other festival being branded onto products, simply don't buy that product, purchase another :)

Gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 4th
Well, i found out last night that all this is from the daily star newspaper, so I'm not going to believe anything like this.

Although it has been a good read and to vent what we truly belive in our society, if this was true Than shame on a company to go this far in a world of today.

On a side Note, we live in the UK and this country has lots of traditions that people really enjoy and take part in. I believe it is our duty to keep traditions going as long as we can as it shows a little interest to what used to be and what is forgotten.

zephieish

Wizard the 1st
It is annoying when an American owned company messes with peoples traditions, however chocolate eggs don't really have a place in a traditional Easter celebration!
It's just been adopted, so much so that I didn't really get annoyed over this one, after all plenty of you will be celebrating Easter with no religions beliefs at all.

As long as people hold onto the core aspects of a tradition, it'll never fade or be demoralised.

Gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 4th
Well if anyone had noticed, the majority of the easter eggs boxes, didn't have the word easter on them.