Buy Fireworks

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
OK now, Before the s** hits the fan with a lot of firework shops, It's not always about Google PR (it just helps)

But seeing a supermarket surfing the top placement in the image below. It's a bit daunting for some. But It's not always about google placement war its about when you get when you buy your fireworks - value for money with experience....

Oct 13, 2012
swansea
Tesco prices on the site are stupid. I might be wrong ,but the prices for celebration and moonlight magic ,the same firework by the way, is 1p more than rrp.. Unless you are loaded or have millions of clubcard points ,you would be crazy to buy from there. Shame ,because theres some nice stuff available.

pmf-fireworks Ltd

ST Sponsor
May 28, 2013
merseyside
www.pmf-fireworks.co.uk
I see this as a shame Tesco and other supermarkets are great for food but no so great on advice for your pyro. plus the price you pay is daylight robbery and the quality is not great on some of there products. fireworks are not just my business there my passion and way of life. i just hope the consumer see's through it and makes the right choice.

Oct 13, 2012
swansea
The good thing about forums like this is that people can get a good idea of what is available pyro wise and where to get it.
I have no doubt pmf -fireworks ,that it is more than a business to you ,and you will give a better service than any supermarket ,and better pyro.

The fact is though ,most people will get their pyro from supermarkets, whether we like it or not. And I will no doubt get some from sainsburys or wherever.
To be fair to supermarkets, there are seasonals and even all year traders who know nothing about pyro. I asked a year round trader couple years back why they didn't stock Brothers fireworks, response was they never heard of them. another said fireworks are all the same. They just sold bright star and said they are the best!

Interestingly ,this year ,1 trader is selling 3 brands instead of 1, and now saying Brothers are the best. He went on to say Bright star have increased their prices of late ,so make of that what you will.
We will all be ripped off some time or other when buying pyro ,unless you are in the business ,how are we to know the margins on pyro.
We just have to vote with our wallets ,if you buy overpriced crap from somewhere ,don't go back. Its up to us ,on the forums and youtube and the net in general , to help people know ,, those who want to anyway,, that there are better places to get pyro than just a supermarket.
sorry for going on so much.

Peter Mackett.

Noble the 3rd
Oct 9, 2012
Apart from Lidl and Aldi i never buy fireworks from supermarkets,they are over-priced and the quality is pretty poor,i always use shops i know,i get the bulk of mine from Stealth Fireworks who are having a price crash on everything this year including all the new lines,it's always worth a visit if you are near Southampton as you can pick up some really good stuff,i get the rest from a local garden centre,discount shop and a party store who again always sell below RRP,it pays to shop around,i found some old spec Cosmic stuff last year which was cheap but absolutely great,plenty of old style air bombs!

Pompeypyro

Noble the 1st
Oct 18, 2012
Peter Mackett. said:
Apart from Lidl and Aldi i never buy fireworks from supermarkets,they are over-priced and the quality is pretty poor,i always use shops i know,i get the bulk of mine from Stealth Fireworks who are having a price crash on everything this year including all the new lines,it's always worth a visit if you are near Southampton as you can pick up some really good stuff,i get the rest from a local garden centre,discount shop and a party store who again always sell below RRP,it pays to shop around,i found some old spec Cosmic stuff last year which was cheap but absolutely great,plenty of old style air bombs!
Hello peter, I guess you're in hants? Whereabouts is the party store and discount shop? Is the garden centre allington nursery? I was just looking for more places to scout out for this year's pyro! Thanks

Peter Mackett.

Noble the 3rd
Oct 9, 2012
Hello peter, I guess you're in hants? Whereabouts is the party store and discount shop? Is the garden centre allington nursery? I was just looking for more places to scout out for this year's pyro! Thanks!

I am in Bournemouth,Dorset,the garden centre is Canford Magna garden centre in Magna Road,Poole,they seem to change brands every year but always do good discounts on everything,last year they sold Bright Star but until i go there i won't know if they have changed again,the party store is the Hollywood Party Store in Castle Lane,Bournemouth,they also have a branch in Southampton and have a huge selection again at discounted prices,they have an excellent website with all the fireworks with prices,they sell Bright Star,Absolute,Brothers and Total FX and you can often find bits from other brands too,the discount shop is G&T's in Wimborne Road,Winton,Bournemouth,this is where i got the old spec Cosmic last year at very low prices,i wish i had bought more as it was excellent,i just hope they still have some left for this year!

Pompeypyro

Noble the 1st
Oct 18, 2012
Peter Mackett. said:
Hello peter, I guess you're in hants? Whereabouts is the party store and discount shop? Is the garden centre allington nursery? I was just looking for more places to scout out for this year's pyro! Thanks!

I am in Bournemouth,Dorset,the garden centre is Canford Magna garden centre in Magna Road,Poole,they seem to change brands every year but always do good discounts on everything,last year they sold Bright Star but until i go there i won't know if they have changed again,the party store is the Hollywood Party Store in Castle Lane,Bournemouth,they also have a branch in Southampton and have a huge selection again at discounted prices,they have an excellent website with all the fireworks with prices,they sell Bright Star,Absolute,Brothers and Total FX and you can often find bits from other brands too,the discount shop is G&T's in Wimborne Road,Winton,Bournemouth,this is where i got the old spec Cosmic last year at very low prices,i wish i had bought more as it was excellent,i just hope they still have some left for this year!
Thanks Peter,

I'm in portsmouth, so I think Bournemouth is bit of a way for me to go for fireworks! May have a drive down if I get the chance!