Burial Line On Fireworks That Don't Need It, Why?

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 2nd
Feb 13, 2013
I've noticed that some brands of fireworks which state "place upright on flat ground" or those with a ground spike that state "insert upright in soft ground" still have a "bury line" or "bury to this line" on their labels, why? If something is perfectly safe placed on flat level ground or inserted on it's spike firmly and securely into soft ground as instructed on it's label then there isn't any need to secure it at all by any necessary means. It's a bit silly! ;)

Reactions: Rich

Alexs21

Wizard the 3rd
Oct 25, 2014
I thought that to and also on one of my fireworks the fuse is below the bury line so how would you light it?o_O

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 2nd
Feb 13, 2013
I thought that to and also on one of my fireworks the fuse is below the bury line so how would you light it?o_O
Yes I've seen that-some fireworks with "bury to this line" or "bury line" the fuse is below it!!! Some unwitting person could follow that advice and in burying the firework to the line inadvertantly cover the fuse BELOW IT in damp earth or sand rendering it useless! Weird. You'd think the manufacturer would know better than to do this and place the bury line BELOW the fuse on the label lol:rolleyes:

Last edited:

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
I would say use stakes, if the fuse is at the top then your best bet would be to bury if the ground isn't too hard. But then you can always use sand.

Reactions: Somersetpyro

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 2nd
Feb 13, 2013
I would say use stakes, if the fuse is at the top then your best bet would be to bury if the ground isn't too hard. But then you can always use sand.
But, wouldn't it be better for fireworks where the fuse is located at the side, and there isn't a ground spike at the bottom for securing into the ground, for the label on it to say to this effect "Attach securely to an upright post" as some some single shot roman candle fireworks do? That would be better. ;)

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
But, wouldn't it be better for fireworks where the fuse is located at the side, and there isn't a ground spike at the bottom for securing into the ground, for the label on it to say to this effect "Attach securely to an upright post" as some some single shot roman candle fireworks do? That would be better. ;)
On the safe side you could attach it to something what is already in the ground for them type of fireworks, if you cannot stake it in ground. I have seen some people use heavy stone or bricks secure fireworks where there is no other way of securing them in the ground.

Rich

Esquire the 2nd
Oct 7, 2012
Kent
I agree Anthony. why hand instructions to bury when in fact by doing so would infringe the performance of the firework. ok so this does boil down to a bit of common sense but let's be honest, some people are lacking in that department! lol