Bonfire Weekend Weather

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

exeterpyro

Baronet the1st
Oct 13, 2017
Exeter
Hi everyone,

The good news is that the latest ECMWF and UKV ensembles are showing the weather to be mostly dry and clear from low-level cloud on the 4th/5th. Unfortunately I have noticed the wind speeds are quite high, typically sustained 10 mph (westerly) with 20 mph gusts. My understanding is that those speeds are quite high for fireworks, particularly the gusts. Fortunately I'm launching in such a way that debris will travel away from our spectators, but I am concerned about the motion of the rockets in unpredictable gusts.

Either way, making this thread to provide the latest weather updates!

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Probably a touch early still to be accurate but it's looking okay in Somerset so far, for Saturday and Sunday :)

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 2nd
Feb 13, 2013
Haslingden Lancashire for Saturday (BBC) shows one or two daytime showers for the morning then becoming drier by mid afternoon, and Accrington Lancashire for Sunday (BBC) shows bright sunny and cold and a clear evening....;)

For XCWeather, Haslingden Lancashire and my mates postcode location BB4 8UB shows dry most of the day and a fine evening on Saturday, and for Accrington, bright and cold on Sunday with a chilly night :)

Last edited:
Reactions: exeterpyro

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
It’s looking like rain Saturday daytime for us then dry the rest of the day and Sunday. I will be happy with that or for the daytime showers to clear:)

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 2nd
Feb 13, 2013
Met Office Forecast for Haslingden Saturday shows early morning rain then bright with a few showers which will be dying away towards early evening so dry for lighting the bonfire at 6pm and fireworks first half at 6.30pm then second half of the fireworks at 7.30pm ;) I'll probably wear my wellies under my PPE while firing as the ground will be slightly squishy due to the rain :)

Last edited:

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
I'll fire through showers lol, unless it's lashing it down i'm lighting up the garden on the 4th :D the forecast will keep changing though, we won't know with any certainty until thursday really

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 2nd
Feb 13, 2013
I'll fire through showers lol, unless it's lashing it down i'm lighting up the garden on the 4th :D the forecast will keep changing though, we won't know with any certainty until thursday really
There's supposed to be a cold weather front spreading showery rain south eastwards across the UK on Friday then north westerlies and brighter with showers Saturday becoming drier for the evening........

exeterpyro

Baronet the1st
Oct 13, 2017
Exeter
The mid atlantic high is pushing in drier, colder weather for the Saturday and Sunday. There may be a few showers, but not lengthy. If there was a low right over us, that would be more complex to predict. Good old anti-cylone!

Reactions: AnthonyUKpyro

Rich

Esquire the 2nd
Oct 7, 2012
Kent
Better not be too cold on Saturday. I'm out on site with Jubilee setting up Battersea which is about 8 /9 hour setup.

Fingerless gloves at the ready lol.

Reactions: Metab alam

exeterpyro

Baronet the1st
Oct 13, 2017
Exeter
The latest ECMWF shows a band of rain that will make it wet on Saturday evening from anyone south-east of Birmingham, i.e. the whole of the south east. There is also predicted significant amounts of low-level cloud over London that evening. Temperatures are looking around 8-10 celsius most most parts of the UK, but much colder over central wales and anywhere north of Sheffield.

Rich

Esquire the 2nd
Oct 7, 2012
Kent
The latest ECMWF shows a band of rain that will make it wet on Saturday evening from anyone south-east of Birmingham, i.e. the whole of the south east. There is also predicted significant amounts of low-level cloud over London that evening. Temperatures are looking around 8-10 celsius most most parts of the UK, but much colder over central wales and anywhere north of Sheffield.
I'm not liking that one bit for Battersea. Glad I invested in waterproofs last week haha

Reactions: exeterpyro

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 2nd
Feb 13, 2013
Still good for my Haslingden Bonfire Party oh yes, one or two scattered daytime showers with sunny spells followed by a fine and cold night, won't put me off OH NO ;)

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Weather forecast is slowly deteriorating for saturday evening... Ive got until tomorrow morning to decide whether to postpone until sunday or not

Rich

Esquire the 2nd
Oct 7, 2012
Kent
Battersea forecast showing ok for the most part. Just rain between 10 and 12 which I can handle.

exeterpyro

Baronet the1st
Oct 13, 2017
Exeter
ECMWF showing rain up till 2pm in London but clear for the evening. @Somersetpyro increasingly more concerned for us in the south west... looks like Taunton may be hit by rain in the evening, but still early yet. GFS shows clear for you.

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
ECMWF showing rain up till 2pm in London but clear for the evening. @Somersetpyro increasingly more concerned for us in the south west... looks like Taunton may be hit by rain in the evening, but still early yet. GFS shows clear for you.
There’s a lot of variation, met office and associated outlets (BBC) say showers in the evening, but accuweather, the weather channel, and darkskies are saying dry after midday, which isn’t especially helpful lol

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 2nd
Feb 13, 2013
Looks like best in the North West for saturday night! Apart from one or two isolated light showers, perfect with a cold evening ;)