Bonfire Night For Two

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

Jack Rust-Campbell-Hill

Peasant the 1st
Jan 2, 2015
As the title says it's a bonfire night for two:

Me and my Fiancée will be staying the night of the 4th Nov in a log cabin with access to the several acres of land to have our private fireworks display near Plymouth, wish family could travel down for the night but it is simply too far plus it's midweek so would be impractical.

We are allowed a campfire, plus we have sole access to the gas BBQ next to the cabin.

I have already bought hot dogs (tinned) and giant American Marshmallows.

As its only the two of us, what else do you recommend to bring?
I was thinking maybe Jacket Potatoes to leave them in the campfire to eat later at night which will help keep us extra warm as the night draws in

Any advice would be great, whether it's the best way to cook jackets on a campfire or even the best way to cook hotdogs whilst camping

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
since you have private land all the fireworks you can full boot up with :) what drinks you taking, my part if it was me and the wife and since we don't drink alcohol it would most properly be hot chocolate.

Jack Rust-Campbell-Hill

Peasant the 1st
Jan 2, 2015
since you have private land all the fireworks you can full boot up with :) what drinks you taking, my part if it was me and the wife and since we don't drink alcohol it would most properly be hot chocolate.

We don't drink alcohol either, plus we would be driving the next day so even if we did drink alcohol we wouldn't that night ha

We've gotten some small bottles of Coke, not really sure how we would go about making hot chocolate though, any tips? Would a metal saucepan fare well on a bonfire? Or should I use a saucepan on the gas bbq?

It's only a new facelift Ford Fiesta so boot space is limited unfortunately lol but it will be packed as much as possible

Reactions: gaz

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
A small source pan should fit on a gas bbq you could always get 2 depending on how big gas bbq is and do one for hot chocolate and chilli. But i would suggest making it at home and warming it up at camp.

zephieish

Royal Knight the 1st
Sep 6, 2014
West Midlands
You can place it on the edge of the base of the fire, it'll be nice and warm after an hour and with a piping hot baked spud, you'll be fine!

An old saucepan with a lid would come in handy, even buying one as they're cheap enough.

Just try avoid buying a plastic type handled one.

I would forget about the BBQ, with a nice fire, it's all you need! :)

Cooking hot dogs is the same process too, wrap in foil and place inside one of these if you want:
Flip n Easy BBQ Basket: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home