Bonfire Night Bbq

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
For this year I was thinking on having a small BBQ for the night if the weather permits, Like I do have a gas BBQ so I will need to keep an eye on the wind.

But if the weather allows me, it will be some hot dogs and burgers for the night, and maybe have some mild chilli on the go or curry for the jackets.

Whats everyones thought? You going to try a BBQ for bonfire night or not.

Reactions: Vladster

Alexs21

Wizard the 3rd
Oct 25, 2014
I haven't had a BBQ in the last few years but I would like to if the weather's nice but if not i'll just do some burgers, sausages and hot dogs.

Reactions: gaz

Vladster

Esquire the 5th
Oct 12, 2012
Edinburgh
I'm planning to do a small BBQ on bfn, just a few burgers, sausages etc. The trouble is, I'll be the one who has to do it all so it'll be a case of me preparing all the pyro beforehand then cooking all the food before i start setting off pyro then I'll have the big clean up to do afterwards.

Can't wait lol :p

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 2nd
Feb 13, 2013
On Nov 5th, my friend at his house will get out the Calor Gas bbq (it's a big luxury one with infra-red rotisserie plaque burner, 6 vaporizer bar burners and side-ring;also he powers it off a huge 47kg LPG4U propane cylinder giving loads of gas for plenty of bbq's-it's cheaper than Calor & Flogas and it's an independent LPG supplier not controlled by those two giants), and a Calor Gas flame tower patio heater to keep warm around. ;) The food will be lamb and beef grills, kebab sticks, half pound burgers, onions, baked potatoes and boneless chicken b.reasts plus a choice of sauces relishes and pickles and big massive baps. ;)

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
On Nov 5th, my friend at his house will get out the Calor Gas bbq (it's a big luxury one with infra-red rotisserie plaque burner, 6 vaporizer bar burners and side-ring;also he powers it off a huge 47kg LPG4U propane cylinder giving loads of gas for plenty of bbq's-it's cheaper than Calor & Flogas and it's an independent LPG supplier not controlled by those two giants), and a Calor Gas flame tower patio heater to keep warm around. ;) The food will be lamb and beef grills, kebab sticks, half pound burgers, onions, baked potatoes and boneless chicken b.reasts plus a choice of sauces relishes and pickles and big massive baps. ;)
Sounds lush Anthony, I think all us three need to visit Anthony friends house :D

Reactions: AnthonyUKpyro

Vladster

Esquire the 5th
Oct 12, 2012
Edinburgh
Sounds lush Anthony, I think all us three need to visit Anthony friends house :D
Anthony's one does sound good but i prefer a charcoal bbq. The gas ones are good but the food just tastes so much better with charcoal.

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 2nd
Feb 13, 2013
Anthony's one does sound good but i prefer a charcoal bbq. The gas ones are good but the food just tastes so much better with charcoal.
Problem with charcoal you're waiting best part of 30mins (or more) for it to ash up and glow red, and if you use bbq lighting fluid it can sometimes leave a horrible nasty smelly taint to your food.

With gas,it's simpler, turn on at cylinder, then turn on at controls (press button if separate piezo or electronic battery ignition;or simply turn the control knob if the burner ignition is integrated into the knobs as on top-end expensive models like my mate's gas bbq), allow 10 mins to warm up (if you use butane cylinders it usually heats up in less than ten minutes as butane burns a little hotter than propane), and slap on the meats. Good tip;if you want a little flavour with a gas bbq, then sprinkle herbs and spices over the lava rocks or burners. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: gaz and Vladster

Vladster

Esquire the 5th
Oct 12, 2012
Edinburgh
I use the instant light charcoal bags Anthony....you just light the corner and wait 10/15 mins until the flames die down then your good to go.

No big fancy gas BBQ's for me mate :p

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
I like gas more for the quickness, and i do agree the charcoal does give food extra flavour. Just to add I thought lava rocks was just to soak up the huice from the food..

MazBerry

Peasant the 2nd
May 12, 2015
I don't have a bbq unfortunately, but I do have a slow cooker which I make some really tasty meals on...campfire stew, bacon wrapped sausages in bbq sauce to name a few