Bonfire Night And Fireworks Facts

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
Since we are all enthusiasts about fireworks and bonfire night, and everything involved, I thought we all can instead of reading your short 10 facts share all that we can and know for others to learn.

So shall start this off, i like this one. among others. and remember these can be recent facts not just what we all know :)

when fireworks arrived in Europe around the 14th century, they where first produced by the Italians. The first recorded display was in Florence, in England the first sign of fireworks were at the wedding of King Henry VII in 1486.

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
here's one I always like to remember, the biggest cause of fireworks-related injuries in the UK is fireworks not being secured properly, or safety distances not being observed!

Reactions: gaz
Oct 13, 2012
Kimbolton are the last manufacturer to produce items in the UK, and even they are transferring some of their operation to exclusive Chinese factories.

Reactions: AnthonyUKpyro

Vladster

Esquire the 5th
Oct 12, 2012
Edinburgh
The biggest annual fireworks display event in Europe is the International Festival concert held in Edinburgh, Scotland, in which a million fireworks are set off in less than an hour.

I've been to a few of these over the years but i never knew it was the biggest display in Europe.

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 3rd
Feb 13, 2013
Kimbolton are the last manufacturer to produce items in the UK, and even they are transferring some of their operation to exclusive Chinese factories.
They usually source inter-oriental products from China and put their name to them and source Zink rockets from Germany.

Reactions: Pyrotechnic