Bonfire night 2018 plans

Got to get her loving the pyro. Yes it's fun to try to spot the colours coz as she grows it will all be hair and makeup lol
Tbf all that won't matter if in 10 years time she asks you to take her to FSW even just once a year lol, that's the sort of shopping all pyro dads wish their daughters would want to do :D definitely sew those pyro seeds early! I think I can blame my dad for my pyro addiction lol

The thing is people hear a firework (especially out of season) and then just judge the person firing, when actually people like us on here are very safe and knowledgeable with fireworks as we steak to the ground etc whereas other people just place a cake on floor and light it. People don't realise it can be a hobby for some people and we are not 'thugs' or anything of the sort.
Very well said mate

Very interested to read everyone’s plans!
I intend on going to as many organised displays as possible this year. I’ve booked Bonfire Night weekend off work so rather than having to deal with the local shits for being stupid with fireworks I can enjoy myself. Here are my plans:

November 3rd:

I will be making a large pan of my famous BBQ pulled pork in the slow cooker along with fresh tiger bread. I’ll spend the afternoon setting up my fireworks at my partner’s family’s caravan site and then will sit there fidgeting for hours keeping an eye on them while friends and family will be in the clubhouse eating and drinking. Then I’ll fire them, then I’ll get pissed.

November 4th:

I’ve got a couple of small boxes left over from last year which I’ll set off quickly in the back garden. I’ll be going to an organised display on this night too.

November 5th:

I will wake up smiling because it’s the best day of the year. I’ll spend the afternoon setting up my 2nd display on the field at the back. I’ll probably do another pulled pork and then we’ll go to an organised display nearby. After that we’ll come home and have a few family around to watch me blow up the neighbour’s field. I’ll be popping notes through my other neighbour’s doors in the next week letting them know about this display so they can prepare their pets and ask them to watch. They were out in their gardens last year watching me light up the sky, which I was really happy about.

November 10th:

I’ll sneak out the house and go to the local Cash and Carry and empty their shelves of all their fireworks which they reduce to ridiculously low prices. Then I’ll have to think about what to do with them!

You probably don't realise it now but those memories of her sitting with you in the dark on the window ledge will be so precious to her when she's grown up. Well done mate! :)
It'll stick with her I'm sure. My dad, we didn't have a lot of time together early on, but the standard selection boxes he bought home are one of my favourite memories :) that and him drunkenly lighting sparklers indoors on the coal fire singing twinkle twinkle LOL. He was a fireman too :oops

It'll stick with her I'm sure. My dad, we didn't have a lot of time together early on, but the standard selection boxes he bought home are one of my favourite memories :) that and him drunkenly lighting sparklers indoors on the coal fire singing twinkle twinkle LOL. He was a fireman too :oops
Sounds nice :) is it true that firemen hate bonfire night weekend or did your dad secretly like it lol?

Sounds nice :) is it true that firemen hate bonfire night weekend or did your dad secretly like it lol?
He was fine about them as I remember, he's not been in my life much since back then. Grumpy git probably hates them now lol. My mum was... cautious. Understandable as she'd been through a bad house fire (before she met my dad lol and nothing to do with fireworks, but still.)