Bonfire night 2018 plans

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now
Buy Fireworks From Our Sponsors!

BulletProofMum

ST Typo of the Decade Winner!
Baronetess
Nov 4, 2017
London
So what does everyone have planned? I'm nosy :)

Saturday 3rd we're going to the cricket club up the road as usual for their big display. Will take extended family then back to ours for a drink after. I've got a few selection boxes stashed in case the urge strikes :cool:

4th probably at in laws for dinner. Might try for some sparklers, but mother in law doesn't do pyro lol. Literally the only time you'll hear her swear in front of the kids, ever haha. The garden there isn't best suited either, though would be fine for a family box.

The 5th is my night :)

Early on I'll make a big batch of the best chipotle & bourbon chilli ever (if I do say so myself). There will be jackets and hotdogs with proper sausages and so on too. My side of the family are coming over with their kids, we have 4 autistic kids between us so everything is planned with their needs in mind.

Though very much a family low(er) noise thing this year I'm looking forward to it. Got some nice colourful fireworks already (KB Gold boxes, mythos, oriental stars etc) Will add some supermarket pyro to that. Have some weco and bright star stuff in the shed. Maybe a few smaller cakes at the end. Proper old school. I'll set up the small cheaper stuff and light them off quite rapidly then let the kids pick from the KB box one by one and I'll set off. Any rockets bought set off as we go and any cakes at the end.

When they've all gone I'll probably re-watch V for vendetta again with a glass of something calming ;)

Hubby will stay well clear and make the odd disapproving noise. (I do giggle at some posts on here about not telling the misses etc, cause we're the total opposite in our house).

In the past weve been involved in the scouts, or had bigger stuff round families house. So it's a step down but I'm still pretty hyped for it all :)

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Cardiff
Sounds like a great set of evenings there, very tasty ones too lol :)

On the 1st, i'm taking a pile to my girlfriend's family's place, they have a big garden so it's my opportunity to go a bit nuts lol, that's where Jibber Jabber and PS3 will be fired :) the 2nd is my reserve day for that show, if the weather is okay on both nights though i'll be going to a display at Taunton's Wyvern club, always a great evening there

3rd I'm down in Exeter, looking forward to that evening :)

4th is our home display, with plenty of food, probably hot dogs of some sort, then a selection of smaller bits, with a few cakes, big fountains and the Jupiter box. It's a complete family thing, all 3 generations will be there which is always nice, so I go proper old school with just a little indulgence for me ;) the 5th itself is my reserve day

Then the 5th (or next available day if the weather is bad) i'll just do a few other bits, any cakes i've not used and a couple of boxes. Always good fun :)

Maxywell

Peasant the 2nd
Oct 2, 2018
Motherwell
Pyro on the 2nd hopefully, i like to do it a few days before so if the weather is a problem i have a few days to fall back because i really don't like doing it after the 5th as that's when the moaners come out.Planning on going to the local council displays on the 4th and 5th.

Reactions: Pyrobrummie

exeterpyro

Baronet the1st
Oct 13, 2017
Exeter
Well, looks like I'm going to @BulletProofMum's on the 5th... :p

Main display is on the 3rd (hopefully) or the 2nd if the weather is bad. We have a *huge* bonfire thanks to our arborist landlord neighbour and start up a big BBQ in the log shed. Usually around 30-40 people who bring food and drinks... last year we has Smores over an open fire. The field is cordoned off and I begin a stressful evening of safely lighting a ridiculous amount of pyro ;) But hopefully this year I have @Somersetpyro to help (and also add to the crazy amount of pyro :cool:).

BulletProofMum

Baronetess
Nov 4, 2017
London

Main display is on the 3rd (hopefully) or the 2nd if the weather is bad. We have a *huge* bonfire thanks to our arborist landlord neighbour and start up a big BBQ in the log shed. Usually around 30-40 people who bring food and drinks... last year we has Smores over an open fire. The field is cordoned off and I begin a stressful evening of safely lighting a ridiculous amount of pyro ;) But hopefully this year I have @Somersetpyro to help (and also add to the crazy amount of pyro :cool:).
I nearly forgot smores!

Reactions: exeterpyro

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Cardiff

I couldn't miss it mate, I can't wait to see some of your cakes! I'll bring the Rothy ;)

smurftech

Noble the 1st
Sep 27, 2018
Rossendale
So what does everyone have planned? I'm nosy :)
Here goes, this year I have 2 displays to do, which is fab after 3 years of no displays!

Sat 3rd Nov: The "larger" display at my brothers with lots of family and friends - about 30 people expected. Me and my brother are buying the fireworks, I will be doing most of the firing but my cousins like to help :)
This is a 2 part display, Part 1 = fountains and small stuff in multiples on his back garden patio ~ 8Mtrs back. Then a small break for a beer for me to catch up! Part 2 = further back up the hill at the rear of his property, with fields on 3 sides for ~80Mtrs, this is for the big stuff, custom candle barrage built by me and custom multi fused noisy specials (I have many dum bums) leading to massive fan barrage finales. One thing to note, no rockets as we can't have any stray sticks drifting to his posh neighbors houses and their very expensive cars! They will know for sure there's fireworks going on....they'll think it's world war 3 :cool:
We will be having black peas, loaded potato skins and potato pie and peas....possibly a beer or 3 too...

Sun 4th Nov: The "smaller" display at my house (on small field at side of house), this is a more reserved display for my wifes church friends, probably about 15 people this time, less noise and smaller stuff overall, i'm sure I can finish with something ultra noisy though! This time many rockets as I can aim them all over the woods at the front of my house! Some stick drift may occur but on my estate nobody cares :D
Just potato pie and peas this time!

Really looking forward to it....roll on dry calm weather!

Pyrobrummie

ST Typo of the Year 2019 Winner!
Baronet the 3rd
Sep 6, 2018
Birmingham
I will be hoping to get three nights out of my ongoing stash of the good stuff! Just a quite year for me as just had a newborn :) I will have a small fire in my brazier and will be lighting selection box after box and rocket after rocket just to kick the need for another year. :D

Reactions: BulletProofMum

BulletProofMum

Baronetess
Nov 4, 2017
London
I will be hoping to get three nights out of my ongoing stash of the good stuff! Just a quite year for me as just had a newborn :) I will have a small fire in my brazier and will be lighting selection box after box and rocket after rocket just to kick the need for another year. :D
Congratulations :) sounds like a good plan, I'm not sure if I'd get away with the fire out it as well as fireworks as we share our garden. Want to keep everyone happy as current situation does give me a nice space to play in for pyro and bbqs. I miss having a fire though

Reactions: Pyrobrummie

Pyrobrummie

Baronet the 3rd
Sep 6, 2018
Birmingham
Congratulations :) sounds like a good plan, I'm not sure if I'd get away with the fire out it as well as fireworks as we share our garden. Want to keep everyone happy as current situation does give me a nice space to play in for pyro and bbqs. I miss having a fire though
Thanks! That's why I purchased a fire brazier from eBay, they are only small but it let's you have a nice small garden fire controlled and no ash flying around or ruining the grass lol :)

Pyrobrummie

Baronet the 3rd
Sep 6, 2018
Birmingham
Do it ;)

It's a shame it's not BFN tonight, the weather is perfect, beautiful clear skies and a gentle breeze to clear smoke. Can't get any better tbh
I was thinking the same thing, I just been out cutting the grass and it looks perfect to set up some stakes and pyro ;)

Reactions: Somersetpyro

BulletProofMum

Baronetess
Nov 4, 2017
London
Do it ;)

It's a shame it's not BFN tonight, the weather is perfect, beautiful clear skies and a gentle breeze to clear smoke. Can't get any better tbh
I was thinking similar a while ago, contemplated getting the bbq out lol

Thanks! That's why I purchased a fire brazier from eBay, they are only small but it let's you have a nice small garden fire controlled and no ash flying around or ruining the grass lol :)
I've got a decent pit I can use but there's this one neighbour... she's been patient till now (considering she's known me 30 odd years lol) but might be one step too far haha

Pyrobrummie

Baronet the 3rd
Sep 6, 2018
Birmingham
I was thinking similar a while ago, contemplated getting the bbq out lol

I've got a decent pit I can use but there's this one neighbour... she's been patient till now (considering she's known me 30 odd years lol) but might be one step too far haha
If you was to just burn pure fire wood/logs then you don't really get any smoke. I just get some logs delivered out to me. It really does put the icing on an already nice night. :)

Reactions: BulletProofMum