Black Friday, 28/11: Watch Thread

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now
Buy Fireworks From Our Sponsors!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
Hey all,

Black Friday is becoming a bigger and bigger event in the UK every year, lots of shops both instore and online slash their prices in order to get you Christmas shopping.

This year it is 28th November.

I thought a good idea would be to have a thread where we can list all the deals we see so we can be prepared for the big day.

Il kick it off

-Amazon: kick off with Black Friday week commencing 24/11, will include loads os cut price timed flash deals.

Reactions: gaz

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
Il do some reseach Sunday when Im off see what else I can find. Hope Asda do it again this year, more for the thrill of trying to get something haha

Reactions: gaz

Vladster

Esquire the 5th
Oct 12, 2012
Edinburgh
I'll be keeping an eye on this as I've been wanting an Xbox One for awhile now but I've been waiting on the price coming down. I seen one on hotukdeals this morning with Call of Duty Advanced Warfare & Forza 5 for £329 but it doesn't come with a kinect sensor. I'll wait and see what black friday brings before making any decisions lol

pyro-rob

Royal Knight the 3rd
Oct 13, 2012
Bristol
Maybe be able to upgrade the TV if any decent deal... although I think retailers have high discount than the UK. We typically have 10-20% but US more 30-50% from what I have seen/heard in the past.

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Cardiff
Maybe be able to upgrade the TV if any decent deal... although I think retailers have high discount than the UK. We typically have 10-20% but US more 30-50% from what I have seen/heard in the past.
10-20% is better than nothing rob :)

I'll be keeping an eye on this as I've been wanting an Xbox One for awhile now but I've been waiting on the price coming down. I seen one on hotukdeals this morning with Call of Duty Advanced Warfare & Forza 5 for £329 but it doesn't come with a kinect sensor. I'll wait and see what black friday brings before making any decisions lol
thats not the worst deal vlad, but as you say, black friday may bring better

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
Thanks Fazer!

Im going to be doing a bit of looking around see if I can find anything else. We can have a large list and update with any extra info etc :)

So far (with thanks to Fazer) we have:

Amazon- Time specific flash deals, all week commencing 24/11

Argos- These were also time specific last year if I remember correctly. Their sale usually starts early hours if I remember correctly.

Currys-Available both instore and online, lots of reductions on white goods, entertainment etc.

John Lewis- will be price matching competitors Black Friday prices, with around 100 extra deals on electricals. Stores will open at 8AM. This could work out well for people as John Lewis give out decent extended warrenties with their electricals and could be likely to have extra stock.

Very- Had some really good deals last year, those looking for tablets etc might be worth checking these out. They are stating this is going to be their biggest ever Black Friday and are investing £1m in the campaign.

ASDA- Asdas was brilliant last year if you could get hold of any stock. It will probably be mainly in-store only again, deals starting at 7AM. Last year queues were round the car park at 6.30am so get there early if you want something!

Sainsburys-Another newcomer for 2014. Sainsburys want to have a go due to ASDAs success last year. More or less certain this will be instore only, limited quantity.

Tesco-Online only by the looks of things. Starts 00.01AM on Black Friday.

Apple- Don't offer anything massive, but if your after an Apple product probably worth waiting for an extra 5% or something as its not often you get discounted Apple products.

Will continue to update this list as more information is found out nearer to the time. If anyone else sees any stores doing Black Friday feel free to add them to the list ;)

I cant wait tbh its payday too which is always a good thing ;)

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
Okay Amazon will properly kick off Black Friday week tomorrow. Products this week will include:

Xbox One Bundles

Sony 48-inch TV

Canon DSLR Camera

Nokia Lumia Smartphone

Selected Ariel Fine Diamond Jewellery

Le Creuset Cookware

BioChef Silent Juicer

DeLonghi Bean to Cup Coffee Machine

James Bond - 22 Film Collection

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

Marc Jacobs Sunglasses

Philips Shavers

Johnnie Walker Whisky Platinum 70cl

Korg Digital Piano

Emiglio Remote Controlled Robot

My Little Pony Equestria Girls Rainbow Rocks Mane Event Stage Playset

Mr Men My Complete Collection by Roger Hargreaves

Disney Frozen Pyjama Set and Marvel Avengers Pyjama Set

Black Friday 2014: More than £1m to be spent every three minutes as Amazon pledges 40pc discounts - Telegraph

There will probably be a list of some of the best deals for tomorrow released tonight, Il post them up as soon as I have any info!

Few other updates:

Sainsburys- will offer around 12 products, nectar holders will get info on items wed :)
ASDA- launched their website, instore only 8AM, again some items named Wed

Superdrug, Dixons, Homebase have also confirmed to take part.

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Cardiff
nice findings dan, some good deals to be had hopefully :)

more than £1m to be spent every three minutes
holy Fudge Berries!, that is a lot of cash gone! I make it £480m in one day :eek:

Reactions: Dan12

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Cardiff
thanks for thinking of us fellow members dan :)
but at present we aren't after anything specific, but thanks for offering
really nice thought that

Reactions: Dan12
Status
Not open for further replies.