ULTRA Fireworks Beijing

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now
Buy Fireworks From Our Sponsors!

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 4th
Feb 13, 2013
SDC10113.JPG SDC10114.JPGIMG_20150105_111748.jpg IMG_20150105_111523.jpg IMG_20150105_111907.jpg
Cat2
25metres safety distance?!?!?!?
Price unknown

Got this given to me recently;the fireworks are similar to Magnum Series selection boxes/Crown Collection fireworks sold in the Netherlands and the UK imported by Planet Fireworks and imported from Broekhoff Vuerwerk B.V. with European Standard compliance and labelling. The silly thing is although they are labelled as Cat2 the safety distance for spectators (or as the labels say "Spectors must be 25 metres away";typical BAD Chinese translation to english!!!) is a ridiculous 25 METRES and safety distance for firers is a daft 15 METRES!!!!!!!!!! I thought all Cat3 were 25 metres classification (although there ARE a small number of new Cat3 fireworks under the European Standard which are 15 metres safety distance for spectators), BUT to have a Category 2 classification and a Cat 3 safety distance sucks of ridiculousness YES REALLY!!!! I don't know whether this is a label misprint or somebody has got it wrong in China, 25metres for Cat2 indeed, silly really. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Cardiff
Sounds a bit like bad manufacturing/possible illegal importing, surely in this country full of clip boards and hi-vis jackets you need fully understandable instructions on pyro?!
In terms of the actual box, it seems OK, there appears to be quite a few small rockets which is good. I don't think it's as good as the bright star carnival box, or the Calypso box (ESCO). For that reason, i wouldn't want to pay more than £20 for the box (that is of course assuming it's legal)
I'd say just be a bit careful when you light it Anthony, just in case.

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 4th
Feb 13, 2013
Sounds a bit like bad manufacturing/possible illegal importing, surely in this country full of clip boards and hi-vis jackets you need fully understandable instructions on pyro?!
In terms of the actual box, it seems OK, there appears to be quite a few small rockets which is good. I don't think it's as good as the bright star carnival box, or the Calypso box (ESCO). For that reason, i wouldn't want to pay more than £20 for the box (that is of course assuming it's legal)
I'd sya just be a bit careful when you light it Anthony, just in case.
But the Magnum Series version of these box contents;in this case the Starlight, which are identical but with black labels , are all Cat 2 with a safety distance of 8 metres where as these are Cat2 BUT with a 25 metres safety distance which is ridiculous indeed!!! I think personally it's either a label misprint or a mistake has occurred where the fireworks are produced in China for Broekhoff Vuurwerk in Holland on behalf of Ultra Fireworks. I might write to Ultra Fireworks to see if I can get an answer to all this nonsense, because it doesn't look right or NOR does it seem right. Yesterday I saw some MEGA SMALL Ultra 20shot roman candles with a 2.5gram NEC per candle and TINY TINY bore AND VERY light weight and the SAME Cat 2 rating with a STUPID 25M spectator distance and 15m firer distance!!!!!!!!!! There is NO way roman candles of that size whatsoever are gonna wow a crowd at 25 metres away. :(

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Cardiff
Clearly someone has cocked up, it's poor manufacturing.
It still seems strange to me that the poor labelling even got here tbh, Cat 2 is either 5, 8 or 15m (and only 15 on some very big items)

Oct 13, 2012
swansea
nice looking box ,whatever the labelling . ive had one broekhoff cake and that was pretty good . hopefully the safety distances will be sorted as I have had big performing cakes with 8 m safety and mickey mouse fountains with 25 .

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 4th
Feb 13, 2013
IMG_20150104_223818.jpg
Here is one of the fireworks in the selection with the ridiculous Cat2/15m firer distance/25m spectator distance labelling to prove my point;they ALL have it.

Last edited by a moderator:

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 4th
Feb 13, 2013
Set it off tonight, here's what I thought of it-

Fountains positives-very nice effects, vivid colours, good pokey crackles, downsides-duration is poor,

Roman Candles-quite good, each 10 stars that shoot wonderfully high then crackle at the peak of their flight,

Rockets-good swift upwards flight to an unbelievable height, then a muted boom ejects a rather nice red green blue peony with crackling chrysanthemum petals.

Much better viewed at 8metres distance than the ridiculous 25m quoted.

Fair value than overall excellence 3.5/5 ;)

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Cardiff
Common sense can be exercised with safety distances on selection boxes, pokey fountains obviously wouldn't work at 25m
Depending on price though, seems a decent box. I'd probably pay maybe £20-25 for it

Reactions: AnthonyUKpyro