Bargain Hunters - What's your greatest firework bargain (past or present)?

I've still got a pack of War Hawks but i don't like them as they're way too erratic for my liking ....i only bought a pack cos Nigel from Galactic was selling them for £11.49 last year lol
Yeah, I had a pack of Air Hawks last year and didn't like them at all. One pack that did impress me were the Taipan Viper rockets that were so small they looked like selection box comedy rockets, but packed a nice 1.3g punch to them.

Vladster

Esquire the 3rd
Yeah, I had a pack of Air Hawks last year and didn't like them at all. One pack that did impress me were the Taipan Viper rockets that were so small they looked like selection box comedy rockets, but packed a nice 1.3g punch to them.
I prefer the smaller 1.3g packs tbh, I've fired a good few Epic ones over the years and never had any problems with them. I've only ever fired 5 Hawks before and that was the Men Shun version...3 of them went up a decent height to be fair but the other two went sideways and burst at roof gutter level.

They're exactly the sort of rockets I like, 5 Alives are my favourites as things stand but this year I also have Saturn 5 from Hallmark and Viper's Piranha to try, really looking forward to seeing both of those :)

Pyrobrummie

Baronet the 3rd
I've still got a pack of War Hawks but i don't like them as they're way too erratic for my liking ....i only bought a pack cos Nigel from Galactic was selling them for £11.49 last year lol
I'll second that mate, I had a few packs last year but they don't fire in a straight upwards line and the burst far too early, my ticker was pumping out my chest each time I lit one, I will never purchase any again.

Maddog

Esquire the 5th
Before it was excess stock from a previous year i wasnt complaining though think it was when the new nec regs came in since these didnt conform it was a half price free for all

They're exactly the sort of rockets I like, 5 Alives are my favourites as things stand but this year I also have Saturn 5 from Hallmark and Viper's Piranha to try, really looking forward to seeing both of those :)
I'll be trying the Viper Hammerheads on Saturday night. I'm interested in seeing how they perform.

I've replied to this thread earlier, but have just remembered the best bargain I had was 2 years ago when I moved to Finchley a local shop was selling old spec Cosmic Venus boxes from around '99 at £3 each. On the last day of selling they had them at £1.50 each and picked up the last 2. Shame I fired them all.

Duskyfuse

Peasant the 2nd
This is my most recent bargain, It may not be a premium brand these days but 76 30mm shots and almost 1kg of powder for £24.99 takes some beating! I did watch some online videos before purchase and they look very impressive. I also managed to get a Sky Crafter Supremacy barrage set, (NEC 3710g), for £99.99 at the same store during Black Friday.

Astra01.JPG
Astra02.JPG
Fireworks04.jpg

This is my most recent bargain, It may not be a premium brand these days but 76 30mm shots and almost 1kg of powder for £24.99 takes some beating! I did watch some online videos before purchase and they look very impressive. I also managed to get a Sky Crafter Supremacy barrage set, (NEC 3710g), for £99.99 at the same store during Black Friday.

View attachment 6822 View attachment 6823 View attachment 6825
awesome mate - Latifs i take it? they have mob for only £25! Zombie dawn looks massive for the price lol

Duskyfuse

Peasant the 2nd
awesome mate - Latifs i take it? they have mob for only £25! Zombie dawn looks massive for the price lol
Yes they are from Latifs, The Mob is within the Supremacy set but at £25 is a very good buy. They also have 'Who Dares Wins' by Elite for £99.99, Three large fanned cakes which are all nearing the 1000g NEC limit, They look incredible in the videos I have seen but I must really try and restrain myself!

Yes they are from Latifs, The Mob is within the Supremacy set but at £25 is a very good buy. They also have 'Who Dares Wins' by Elite for £99.99, Three large fanned cakes which are all nearing the 1000g NEC limit, They look incredible in the videos I have seen but I must really try and restrain myself!
you've got an awesome stash there mate. Are you firing in your garden? would take zombie dawn in a flash if i had the space lol

Duskyfuse

Peasant the 2nd
That is far from everything I have, ... I have been getting a little carried away! I also bought these at a bargain price just before the retailers storage licence was due to expire. They were all marked at half price. I'll try and take a full stash photo over the next few days. I fire at my Brother's house and he usually has a fair stash himself.

Fireworks01.jpg

That is far from everything I have, ... I have been getting a little carried away! I also bought these at a bargain price just before the retailers storage licence was due to expire. They were all marked at half price. I'll try and take a full stash photo over the next few days. I fire at my Brother's house and he usually has a fair stash himself.

View attachment 6826
wow! dream stash lol where did you pick this lot up?