Asda ditch costume

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

Rich

Esquire the 2nd
Oct 7, 2012
Kent
ASDA have ditched their Halloween costume which depicts a psychotic mental patient according to reports from the bbc.

I have to question how far this will go. .... What next? Remove any costume with any slight controversial connection?

I think these guys are afraid of a little backlash. Surely if they feel that strongly then perhaps having lacey purple and black witch costumes for 3 year olds could be deemed a bit that way too. ......

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
So Tesco has followed in Asda foot steps! TBH, I find it all daft just someone wanting 5 minutes fame!

Guy Forks

Peasant the 1st
Oct 21, 2012
It's worth bearing in mind that the costumes themselves aren't the issue but rather the naming of them after illnesses or patients. I don't really think it's fair to be so judgmental about people who have objected and dismiss them as wanting fame.

Rich

Esquire the 2nd
Oct 7, 2012
Kent
But is it fair to be judgemental of a dead person or a ghost for that matter? Lol

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
Rich, I agree it's gone too far just because of a few words... And it is over 5 minute fame someone getting uptight over the wording.

If I wear a shirt saying I'm a "6 pack hunk!" Would not mean I am one underneath. - Unless you ask the wife then that's a different matter ;)