Argos Releases 2016 'top Toys' Predictions - Itv News

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

FireworksDude86

Noble the 3rd
Dec 23, 2014
Not a bad selection on the top list.

Reminiscing about back in the day now. I miss the days as a kid when it wasn't about having certain things forced down your throat (i.e kids might see the top toys list and want something off the list to fit in). It was about looking through a mail order Kays or Littlewoods catalogue and circling what you wanted off santa.

Mind you, I did start circling some very unrealistic things as a 6 year old (Power drills, hammers, "top of the range" hifi with twin tape deck, builders workbench)

Reactions: gaz

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
I remember doing it with all the computer accessories what started to come out, at the time. old school.

Today though there are thousands of toys for kids to choose from, it it was up to mine they would have them all.

FireworksDude86

Noble the 3rd
Dec 23, 2014
Minecraft always seems popular, reckon it will still be as popular this year?
Possibly. I doubt it though. There just aren't enough "add on's" to make it popular year after year. There's the game, story mode game, some figures and a book, that's about it?

Whereas something like Pokemon which has been around for years had that long lasting appeal because just as the craze was dying out, something new came out. Theres the game boy games, tv series, n64 games (pokemon snap and pokemon characters featured in other games), trading cards, stickers, a movie, action figures, Pokemon furby's, lego and now Pokemon go.

Maybe some more minecraft stuff will come out though before xmas?