Aldi fireworks 2021

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now
Buy Fireworks From Our Sponsors!

Firey Dave

Baronet
Oct 25, 2014
Proaby just the box depending on barrages in the pack it should be 300 this year looked at the range and wasn't too inspired buy guy fawkwr for £23 will probably get some stuffs from Morrison's too this weekend
Proaby just the box depending on barrages in the pack it should be 300 this year looked at the range and wasn't too inspired buy guy fawkwr for £23 will probably get some stuffs from Morrison's too this weekend
My range has an Esco box for £27 odd the other day, it wasn't even in the brochure, it was the Celebration box, one down from Mercury, but they didn't have that.

Reactions: Tom Win

SilberWirbel

Noble the 3rd
Oct 12, 2016
UK
FireyDave, You may not have bought the best boxes but you do take a good photo. So much clearer than what you ever see on the leaflets!

SilberWirbel

Noble the 3rd
Oct 12, 2016
UK
"Yeah big boom has about 470 grams this year with is crap got 60 quid"

ASDA's "spectacular" party has 686g for £50. Not great, but significantly better than big boom it would seem.
I wonder if these higher priced items come with the "For serious firework parties" logo. That always makes me chuckle.

Tom Win

Noble
Sep 29, 2021
Inverness
"Yeah big boom has about 470 grams this year with is crap got 60 quid"

ASDA's "spectacular" party has 686g for £50. Not great, but significantly better than big boom it would seem.
I wonder if these higher priced items come with the "For serious firework parties" logo. That always makes me chuckle.
Personally I would get Olympian or if they are selling it goliath at Morrison's goliath had over 1100 grams I don't think they are seeing that this uesr Olympian has 950 grams

Reactions: SilberWirbel

andrew smith

Noble
Oct 1, 2021
newcastle
Personally I would get Olympian or if they are selling it goliath at Morrison's goliath had over 1100 grams I don't think they are seeing that this uesr Olympian has 950 grams
i agree with that , olympian and goliath are the about the same and there by far the best little display pack i mean for small families that box is brilliant

Chris.R

Peasant
Oct 15, 2018
Crosby, Liverpool
Hi everyone,

not posted here for ages but read the forum every year.

I had the Guy Fawkes box from the range last year and I thought it was pretty good. Like a little brother of party with a lot of the same things party has just without the big pieces like the Etna cone fountains and the star finder candle barrage. Lots of crackling as well with 2 crackling Fountains and had some whistles with the mini cuckoo and double happiness. Was 332 g.

I think I will pick up the LOL box from Aldi but was going to get Reech for the skies… not anymore!

May try the rainbow box from Asda as well.

Seriously reconsidering getting a box from the range now despite the price increases because I don’t think I’ll get anything over 300 g NEC add any other supermarket for under £50 this year.

Sep 14, 2018
Cumbria
Hi everyone,

not posted here for ages but read the forum every year.

I had the Guy Fawkes box from the range last year and I thought it was pretty good. Like a little brother of party with a lot of the same things party has just without the big pieces like the Etna cone fountains and the star finder candle barrage. Lots of crackling as well with 2 crackling Fountains and had some whistles with the mini cuckoo and double happiness. Was 332 g.

I think I will pick up the LOL box from Aldi but was going to get Reech for the skies… not anymore!

May try the rainbow box from Asda as well.

Seriously reconsidering getting a box from the range now despite the price increases because I don’t think I’ll get anything over 300 g NEC add any other supermarket for under £50 this year.
If you want high nec box then morrisons is the one although there has been some price increases they could still stack up against the range

Chris.R

Peasant
Oct 15, 2018
Crosby, Liverpool
If you want high nec box then morrisons is the one although there has been some price increases they could still stack up against the range
I was thinking about one of the Morrison’s display packs but a lot of the NEC comes from the rockets shot tubes and sparklers. I’m not bothered about those because I can get better 1.3 G rockets ETC. The selection box itself is only 370 g for the Demon pack; 300 g for the Viper pack and 500 g for the Olympian pack. That’s what I saw from a unboxing video about them anyway although that was from 2019.
May consider Olympian.

Last edited:

andrew smith

Noble
Oct 1, 2021
newcastle
I was thinking about one of the Morrison’s display packs but a lot of the NEC comes from the rockets shot tubes and sparklers. I’m not bothered about those because I can get better 1.3 G rockets ETC. The selection box itself is only 370 g for the Demon pack; 300 g for the Viper pack and 500 g for the Olympian pack. That’s what I saw from a unboxing video about them anyway although that was from 2019.
May consider Olympian.
i would defo say the olympian , rockets are decent with nice effects and crackle , shot tubes are good as is the 16 shot cake the box is also decent with some much bigger pieces in there and good duration too

Reactions: Tom Win and Chris.R

jackstanley

Noble
Oct 14, 2012
Swindon
Seen a few items out of stock in my local. I asked about it and was told that the items they have marked as sold out they never had in the first place. I think this might be the case with a few stores given the same items where sold out in the last 2 stores I went into

Reactions: SilberWirbel

andrew smith

Noble
Oct 1, 2021
newcastle
Seen a few items out of stock in my local. I asked about it and was told that the items they have marked as sold out they never had in the first place. I think this might be the case with a few stores given the same items where sold out in the last 2 stores I went into
exact same thing happend with mine i wanted 2 airstrike rocket packs and noticed they were marked out of stock i asked a staff member who was stocking shelves , he told me all the fireworks marked out of stock have never arrived this year