Advisory - Star Fire Candles

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now
Status
Not open for further replies.

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
Following on from the free fireworks thread, the Star Fire Candles by Standard Fireworks does not fire correctly. Seen in the video below.

Advice would be to either stay clear until manufacturers and traders look into it. or if you have bought it take it back to your shops showing this thread.

See the video below.

Edit: Whilst this product may still be faulty, please make sure that you adhere to it's 25m safety distance, as this will protect you much better should the product misfire again

Last edited by a moderator:

TILCG

Peasant the 2nd
Oct 16, 2015
It seems abit of a laugh in the video but looking back makes you see actually how dangerous they are, the video I recorded above was also just one of the four you get, all of which were just as dangerous, Do Not Buy!!

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
It seems abit of a laugh in the video but looking back makes you see actually how dangerous they are, the video I recorded above was also just one of the four you get, all of which were just as simulary dangerous, Do Not Buy!!
indeed but this could have been just the one batch until we know more. It is best to not use them.

FATKAT24

Baronet the 2nd
Oct 19, 2012
Harrow
It's scary to think that such a trusted brand like Tesco who is a stickler for safety would supply these to the public

Reactions: gaz

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 2nd
Feb 13, 2013
Also, it could be that the Roman Candles were affected by dampness in the container they came across in (this is what apparently happened to the Weco Aquila imports causing the very similar dangerous performance of very low bursting shots), it must also be borne in mind that many fireworks coming from China go through all manner of conditions and extremes of heat cold vibration etc on their shipment to the docks of the U.K. and onto the explosives stores/magazines of uk firework importers/distributors here. ;)

pyro-rob

Royal Knight the 3rd
Oct 13, 2012
Bristol
I had no issue with mine last year, but what ever fireworks you buy you take a chance though. I had bright star's jewel of the nile twice in the past and both misfired. (this was in 2 consecutive years)

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
This is from @Epic Fireworks I have asked them to come on here themselves but they are busy. Message i have received from them.

Thanks for the heads up but we have test fired a dozen at random and had no issues at all - they could have been dropped or anything which could cause the same issue.

STEVO

Noble the 1st
Sep 3, 2014
this year star fire candle are the new ce law instead of the old one

Oct 13, 2012
swansea
I had these candles in 2010 . I have found video footage of them . 2 of the candles were fine ,the other 2 it looks like the first shot is quite low. I am trying to put a vid together ,though they are not very good.

Oct 13, 2012
swansea
Here are the candles I had. sorry about the vid ,but they are some of my earliest . I found the fuses were a bit funny . the candles are in order 1-4. these to be clear are from 2010 .

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2012
I'm guessing Standard gave the bad batch to Tesco/Sainsbury's to give away for 'free' whilst ensuring others got unaffected batches.

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
I'm guessing Standard gave the bad batch to Tesco/Sainsbury's to give away for 'free' whilst ensuring others got unaffected batches.
That's a hell of an accusation, one that I very much doubt is true. It was most likely just one batch that got damp/had another issue. After all, without firing them, there is no way of knowing if the firework will fire properly or not. Lets leave out any accusations of this type from now on please

Status
Not open for further replies.