Advice On Joining/fusing Fireworks For Better Effect

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

Mark Gliddon

Noble
Sep 7, 2014
Has anyone got hints on fusing cakes/candles/shot tubes together?

I'm thinking of taping up 2 shot tubes and twisting the fuses together anyone tried this or similar?

Reactions: Alexs21

Rich

Esquire the 2nd
Oct 7, 2012
Kent
Here is how I connected 4 plasmic lights together successfully last year.
IMG-20141019-WA0010.jpeg
IMG-20141019-WA0012.jpeg
IMG-20141019-WA0016.jpeg IMG-20141019-WA0014.jpeg IMG-20141019-WA0018.jpeg

Then I attached quick match to visco end.

Reactions: Mark Gliddon

Mark Gliddon

Noble
Sep 7, 2014
cool that what I was thinking, like the look of the fuse used in the vid but don't know what it is or where to get it?

Firey Dave

Baronet
Oct 25, 2014
Hi, I'm new to this fusing business but want to fuse some of my barrages to run in a line for my finale this year. It looks simple enough and I understand about working out spacing for the burn rate of the visco fuse so it doesn't all blow up at once, but is it really as simple as using tape to connect the fuse? Is it better worse or no different to using cable ties? Any advice or pointers is gratefully received

STEVO

Noble the 1st
Sep 3, 2014
use zip wire from the pound store and masking tape work great

Rich

Esquire the 2nd
Oct 7, 2012
Kent
I was gonna say just quick match them but you want them to go at different times?

Oct 7, 2016
Altrincham
Be careful about connecting Fuse the way picture shows as it may effect fuse delay time. By sticking visco together you will speed up the burn time alot kinda like when you have a few sparklers held together. Also warping it in tape will do this. So make sure you have a single strand of visco as your primary. Great tip's for delays sparklers make great time delays bend the handle so it looks like an L shape stick the handle in the ground so sparkler compound runs flat and attach your firework fuse at intervals you can get pretty good timing doing this and you can just keep adding sparklers great thing about this is you can get ignition flat to fireworks on both sides wich is great for single shot stuff above :)

Rich

Esquire the 2nd
Oct 7, 2012
Kent
Be careful about connecting Fuse the way picture shows as it may effect fuse delay time. By sticking visco together you will speed up the burn time alot kinda like when you have a few sparklers held together. Also warping it in tape will do this. So make sure you have a single strand of visco as your primary. Great tip's for delays sparklers make great time delays bend the handle so it looks like an L shape stick the handle in the ground so sparkler compound runs flat and attach your firework fuse at intervals you can get pretty good timing doing this and you can just keep adding sparklers great thing about this is you can get ignition flat to fireworks on both sides wich is great for single shot stuff above :)
Very cool tip, I'm gonna try that lol.