Advice For First Time Buyer

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now
Buy Fireworks From Our Sponsors!
Oct 15, 2014
Hi everybody,

I found this site whilst looking through MoneySavingExpert and was hoping to get a little advice please.

My father has hosted a fireworks night every year using a couple boxes of fireworks he buys from a friend on the cheap. I end up spending ages setting them all off so said to him this year I'll double what he pays for them and we'll try to get something decent.

Turns out he pays between £40 - £50 so I said I'd double it to £100. Having said that though I really didn't realise just how much of a mine field buying fireworks can actually be!

Reading the various legalities and safety for fireworks I think we're firmly stuck in Category 2 as we don't have anywhere near to 25M safety. (probably more around 6 - 10 depending on how far down the garden I go).

I've had a look at Fireworks Crazy and they have a Garden Party box set available here;

Firework Crazy Garden Party (Category 2) 2014 - Fireworks from Firework Crazy

For those more averse with procuring fireworks would you say that represents good value? Or could you make other suggestions for what you think could be good? Rockets (louder the better) and Sprinklers are a must but I'd like a decent array of things to use.

I'm hoping the difference in the boxes he picks up and what I find are enough to convince him to try again next year but I'm really not sure what to expect. He tends to get 2 boxes full of fireworks but they're always pretty rubbish in my oppinion.

Rich

Esquire the 2nd
Oct 7, 2012
Kent
Firstly welcome to the forum. We have plenty of experienced members so I'm sure we can help you out. Firstly can I please check your location as this would be useful in guiding you to where to go and what to get etc.

Thanks
Rich

Vladster

Esquire the 5th
Oct 12, 2012
Edinburgh
Hi KillerBot and welcome to the forum.

That pack looks great value for money, there's some great pieces in it such as the 16 shot Royal Party cakes or the Little Stars Box....i don't think you can go wrong with it.

Reactions: Rich
Oct 15, 2014
Didn't think about that sorry. We're based in Wednesbury, West Midlands. There's usually several of us on the night including a 5 or 6 year old if that helps.

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
I agree with vlad, that pack is great for the price, don't think you can go wrong with that :)
And welcome to the forum

Reactions: Rich