2022 Supermarket offerings?

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now
Buy Fireworks From Our Sponsors!

markchambers99

Noble the 1st
Nov 3, 2015
Stanley, Co. Durham
Hi all

Now that we are less than 3 months away from supermarkets selling fireworks, does anyone have any insider news/info wishes about how this year's offerings will look, or do we expect a rinse and repeat of 2021?

Obviously 2021 was another pandemic disrupted year, and (for me personally) the offerings available were limited, thankfully I still had some big ones from 2019 left over.

Once we get the next 6 weeks over, my excitement begins to pick up for this part of the year, and after the searing heat of the last few days, the autumnal feel and smell of fireworks can't come soon enough.

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 5th
Feb 13, 2013
Truth is, it's a bit too early yet to know any predictions of what supermarkets are going to sell, as regards retail fireworks until late September / early October.

Reactions: markchambers99

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Bournemouth
Inside info has been harder and harder to come by over time, I remember the good ol days when they'd tell you all sorts over email! Doubt we'll hear anything until september at the earliest now. I expect all we'll be getting though is much the same and considerable price rises/drops in NEC, like all product this year :(

markchambers99

Noble the 1st
Nov 3, 2015
Stanley, Co. Durham
I knew I was asking the question a bit too early, but this year has been another stinker with the cost of living and other things. I do hope there will be sufficient interest in fireworks this year, would be a huge shame if the cost of living issues meant demand slid and supermarkets used it as an excuse to stop, although I appreciate people have to prioritise their spending more than ever this year.

On a slightly unrelated note to supermarket fireworks, I thought the stars had finally aligned for me to see some of the World Championships in Blackpool this year, but I was just reminded I had committed to providing the disco to a party up here on Oct 1, so a little deflated about that but hey ho

Reactions: AnthonyUKpyro