2016 Purchases

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
Hey guys, this thread may need to be bumped nearer the time when things are actually on sale but...

What do you have planned to purchase this year in terms of decorations? A new tree? new outdoor light sets etc?

My plan is to pick out a few more acrylic figures etc in order to widen out little animal display. Probably also get a new dribox to acompony this and probably end up replacing one or two sets of the 400leds bought from home and bargain as i noticed at the end of last season a few of the bulbs had stoppped working unfortunatly.

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
We brought most of our new lights in the sales last year, replacing some of our outdoor strings which were damaged by the wind. Saved us a fair bit doing it that way :)
as for this year, i think it'll only be our annual Christmas tree buy, plus maybe a few little decorations for the mantelpiece etc

Reactions: Dan12

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
We have the tree from last year as it was new. we managed to keep it damaged free from kids :)

I still have lights n the garage, I will check them out in next few weeks, and I will see the light for bush next to the door.

I was hoping to get more lights for the middle garden this year.

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
I forgot we got a brand new set of I think it was something like 700 leds in the sales last year! they should cover a fair bit of the front of the house. Will probably only need to replace one set if thats the case hopefully.

Reactions: gaz

joanne

Peasant the 1st
Oct 13, 2013
Not sure I can fit anymore lights on the house now lol
But do need some gutter lights as I left they up a few years ago and they are now broken. Just a pain getting them up don't feel safe on the ladder. Brought some large blowmoulds off gumtree they will need to be spray painted just got to find some cheap paint.

Reactions: gaz and Dan12

MazBerry

Peasant the 2nd
May 12, 2015
I need to get more lights this year, might have to get a new tree too.
Going to be popping into my local Dobbies to see if their last years stock are on sale

Fazer

Baronet the 2nd
Oct 13, 2012
Under Starry Skies
Im going to a garden centre not too far away because their Christmas shop opens tomorrow! I dont normally go this early in the year but 20% off all purchases and free mince pies and wine isn't something I can refuse!!! Oh and they sell fireworks all year round too! :D

Oct 14, 2016
Vancouver
I am planing on getting a new tree and some outdoor light and some decorative items for the tree.I found a blog online that mentioned some fire safety tips to stay safe over the season.Though christmas is my most favorite time of the year.It is also a time where a lot of fire break outs take place.I just want you all to remember to stay safe this season.Here is the blog from from the shock doctors a home electrical repair service company that mentions some fire safety tips for Christmas .

Reactions: Dan12 and Rich

Lee2709

Peasant the 1st
Oct 26, 2016
Teesside
Just bought these lights from B&Q. I love them because they look like vintage ones but are LED, and the whole string of 60 lights only consumes around 6 watts. They are static, no horrible flashing effects which I personally don't like but so many lights have them.
Can be used indoor or outdoor. Lovely vibrant colours.

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
They are rather nice, I really like the vintage look.

Ive been buying little bits and pieces as I see them, will have to have a big sort over the next couple of weeks to see what lights I have/ if we need any more.