Wyevale Garden Centres Fireworks 2017

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

Pieman

Peasant the 1st
Oct 22, 2015
So I popped in after the boy's football training.....got 3 Jumping Beans, as they had no Stalagmites and they only had one delivery. I noted that his sheet said they had 14 Beans before I bought any, so quite low stocks. Glancing briefly at the sheet - it looked like they had no Bronze Selections. This was at the Havant store.

The gent scanned them - it did 3 for 2 and the 15% off....so we paid £16.97 for the 3.....

Joe ciabatti

Baronet
Jan 12, 2017
London
So I popped in after the boy's football training.....got 3 Jumping Beans, as they had no Stalagmites and they only had one delivery. I noted that his sheet said they had 14 Beans before I bought any, so quite low stocks. Glancing briefly at the sheet - it looked like they had no Bronze Selections. This was at the Havant store.

The gent scanned them - it did 3 for 2 and the 15% off....so we paid £16.97 for the 3.....
Under £6 each is superb! You won't find a better fountain at that price:)

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
Wish our store stocked fireworks as I would have been down for a few jumping jelly beans at that fantastic price!

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
I'm regretting not leaving my buys till this week! having said that, if the stock is rather low, which is seems it might be, buying early was probably the better way to go

Firey Dave

Baronet
Oct 25, 2014
Is love to go for one but unfortunately my garden is smaller than 25m. :( Can't really justify the risk
Look I'm not one to ignore safety distances... Normally! I've fired large fountains before but they've always had a minimum 15 or possibly even 8m metre safety distance. I fired it at about 10 metres, which even if the worst was to happen and it was to fall over it's still well away from the audience. I personally think Kimbolton are being very cautious with the recommendation of 25m.

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Look I'm not one to ignore safety distances... Normally! I've fired large fountains before but they've always had a minimum 15 or possibly even 8m metre safety distance. I fired it at about 10 metres, which even if the worst was to happen and it was to fall over it's still well away from the audience. I personally think Kimbolton are being very cautious with the recommendation of 25m.
If it fires normally then the small distance is fine. However pressed cones like these can have cracks in the compound... if you're unlucky and have a dodgy one, all 400g of powder goes off at once, and you can forget 120db if this happens, the noise is staggering and the debris would be nasty too, that's why they're 25m. Some might say it's a risk worth taking, and it is true that it's a very small risk, but that's the reasoning behind the 25m

Also just had confirmation that wyevale are stocking again for new years eve :)

Firey Dave

Baronet
Oct 25, 2014
If it fires normally then the small distance is fine. However pressed cones like these can have cracks in the compound... if you're unlucky and have a dodgy one, all 400g of powder goes off at once, and you can forget 120db if this happens, the noise is staggering and the debris would be nasty too, that's why they're 25m. Some might say it's a risk worth taking, and it is true that it's a very small risk, but that's the reasoning behind the 25m

Also just had confirmation that wyevale are stocking again for new years eve :)
I didn't know that.... I shall remember that for future reference!

Reactions: Somersetpyro

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
I didn't know that.... I shall remember that for future reference!
Forget Dum Bums lol, fountains with cracks in them are the new noisemaker, even the little ones (I had a 3g tube from a weco fountain blow last year) go off with a real bang :D

Firey Dave

Baronet
Oct 25, 2014
We had a fountain catch fire this year. Smouldered for ages after it had finished and then it went up in flames, taking the stake it was attached to with it! Lol

Jezzadw

Baronet the 3rd
Mar 15, 2016
How do you find out if your local weyvale is selling. I don't want to go all the way to Cardiff to find out.

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Give them a ring, or you can email the store, I believe the address is *store name*@wyevalegardencentres.co.uk Phone numbers are on their website :)

Pieman

Peasant the 1st
Oct 22, 2015
Don't rely on Twitter - still waiting for a response to my question from 2pm today! ;-)