Will fireworks this year be affected by the Coronavirus pandemic?

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 2nd
Feb 13, 2013
Private fireworks parties could be injeopardy this Halloween and Bonfire Night season, just heard you can only have 6 people indoors or outdoors in private settings. The police have been given the powers to break up such parties with more than 6 people in attendance and issue fines. But police forces are stretched, and how the hell are they going to enforce this because around Halloween and Bonfire Night season, they're gonna be absolutely driven to the limit with anti-social fireworks incidents and bonfire incidents? The government have therefore opened up a potential can of worms with no solutions and no easy answers! It's gonna be a complete and utter mess imho....and will inevitably fail!

Firey Dave

Baronet
Oct 25, 2014
And just as i was thinking that possibly it may be a good particularly good for retail fireworks sure to the distinct possibility of large displays being axed. Possibly not the case now. They've just today announced the cancellation of what would-be been the 49 th actual display in my town, this would've normally seem upwards of 10,000 people attending!

Firey Dave

Baronet
Oct 25, 2014
And just as i was thinking that possibly it may be a good particularly good for retail fireworks sure to the distinct possibility of large displays being axed. Possibly not the case now. They've just today announced the cancellation of what would-be been the 49 th actual display in my town, this would've normally seem upwards of 10,000 people attending!
I really need to be checking what my Swype input is writing before I post! Lol

Sep 27, 2019
earth
Would think ticketed event's might still happen and you can kind of limit crowd and area control eg pubs are still open.

More people firing at home wont stop people buying fireworks.

markchambers99

Peasant the 2nd
Nov 3, 2015
Stanley, Co. Durham
A maximum of 10 would have been attending our planned party, however 2 of those have a question mark against them, so I don't know how to play it this year.

Will be gutted if we can't go ahead, and I can't see these restrictions being lifted anytime soon.

The way the gardens are laid out, I suppose 2 of us could fire in one garden, and the other 6 spectate in the neighbour's garden, provided the question marks don't show.

markchambers99

Peasant the 2nd
Nov 3, 2015
Stanley, Co. Durham
Would think ticketed event's might still happen and you can kind of limit crowd and area control eg pubs are still open.

More people firing at home wont stop people buying fireworks.
We were having this discussion last night about how our local display could possibly go ahead as a ticketed event, but i can't see how it would work due to its location, and we already have form for idiots ruining the show. A couple of years ago a mob descended on the display then caused hell at our bus station afterwards. It even made the national news such was the behaviour of them.

Reactions: SilberWirbel

Joe ciabatti

Baronet
Jan 12, 2017
London
Private fireworks parties could be injeopardy this Halloween and Bonfire Night season, just heard you can only have 6 people indoors or outdoors in private settings. The police have been given the powers to break up such parties with more than 6 people in attendance and issue fines. But police forces are stretched, and how the hell are they going to enforce this because around Halloween and Bonfire Night season, they're gonna be absolutely driven to the limit with anti-social fireworks incidents and bonfire incidents? The government have therefore opened up a potential can of worms with no solutions and no easy answers! It's gonna be a complete and utter mess imho....and will inevitably fail!
I don't think they'll be stretched to their limit due to anti social firework incidents as the data collected by the industry suggests otherwise. I will concur though that they will struggle to break up parties of 6 or more and won't even bother with most of them, at least in the big cities anyway. I've seen with my own eyes numerous incidents where the police in London where I live close an eye to things they deem not so important as they are severely understaffed. For example I got my phone nicked by a gang of around 30 teenagers with a knife pulled and the police car across the road that witnessed it and saw me head towards them sped off after I told them that they had taken my phone! Then again, I don't blame the coppers not wanting to confront a gang of 30 over a phone....

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 2nd
Feb 13, 2013
I don't think they'll be stretched to their limit due to anti social firework incidents as the data collected by the industry suggests otherwise. I will concur though that they will struggle to break up parties of 6 or more and won't even bother with most of them, at least in the big cities anyway. I've seen with my own eyes numerous incidents where the police in London where I live close an eye to things they deem not so important as they are severely understaffed. For example I got my phone nicked by a gang of around 30 teenagers with a knife pulled and the police car across the road that witnessed it and saw me head towards them sped off after I told them that they had taken my phone! Then again, I don't blame the coppers not wanting to confront a gang of 30 over a phone....
In some areas, the Police do take firework misuse seriously and come down heavily on this by youngsters doing so, so you are not 100% correct.

The police cannot be everywhere at once trying to deal with anti social fireworks behaviour and they will be stretched to some extent trying to deal with them all.

Also they cannot effectively stop groups of more than 6 people as is the rule of law, as they will effectively miss out a good few fireworks / bonfire parties if they can't get round to them all being stretched to the limit.

Joe ciabatti

Baronet
Jan 12, 2017
London
In some areas, the Police do take firework misuse seriously and come down heavily on this by youngsters doing so, so you are not 100% correct.

The police cannot be everywhere at once trying to deal with anti social fireworks behaviour and they will be stretched to some extent trying to deal with them all.

Also they cannot effectively stop groups of more than 6 people as is the rule of law, as they will effectively miss out a good few fireworks / bonfire parties if they can't get round to them all being stretched to the limit.
My point regarding firework abuse wasn't that the police don't take it seriously, it was that the data collected by the fireworks industry suggests that there is very little misuse that goes on

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 2nd
Feb 13, 2013
Joe seems right.
Not 100% he isn't. Different police forces deal with firework misuse incidents in different ways, some treat it far more seriously than others do, some treat it with no priority or sometimes very little if any priority.

Not all police forces and they ways they handle, or refuse to handle anti-social fireworks misuse incidents are the same.

The rule of 6 will be broken this late October / early November bonfire and fireworks season in some ways (I can guarantee it) and will not always easy to enforce especially where you have large areas with little to no police cover i.e rural areas for example, are police patrols from a town going to drop everything to go into country areas to partypoop deliberately spoil and break up private bonfires and fireworks parties on farms and outside country cottages?

As I've said the police are going to be stretched as it is with fireworks mayhem by young people misusing fireworks and won't necessarily be able to do what the government have ordered them to do and have mandated into law i.e breaking up private bonfire and fireworks parties of more than six people.

Sep 27, 2019
earth
You have been warned by Somersetpyro about your conduct and you are being watched. I've had a private conversation with Somersetpyro about your 'trying to get one off over others' and you have had posts deleted and / or been told off in them. If I were you I'd watch your step. That is all.

What?

Never PMed anybody and said they are wrong.

Last edited: