Viper fireworks selection boxes

Pyrobrummie

Baronet the 3rd
Does anyone have any opinions on these? I'm tempted to get the Lancaster box but did see @Somersetpyro leave quite a bad review on the mosquito box. I think the nec seems fairly decent but has anybody seen them fired? And will the Lancaster just be the same as the mosquito with a higher nec? :)

Duskyfuse

Peasant the 2nd
Honestly I wouldn't bother, Go for a Jonathan's Fireworks box instead. Evolution and Total FX have some good lookings boxes as well.

Duskyfuse

Peasant the 2nd
Have you fired the lancaster then?
No, I have not personally fired the Lancaster box although I have read many people complaining about the Viper selection boxes. I would feel pretty confident in saying that their larger boxes will perform very much like their smaller ones and vice versa. To put things into perspective I read the following comment on another forum-

"Well last night I was at a friends fireworks party he had the £50 viper fireworks spitfire selection box and apart from the cakes the box was really disappointing

compared to the Morrison’s firestar fireworks Goliath display pack that he also had the Goliath pack was 10 times better with 2 great cakes rockets shot tubes sparklers and the selection box everyone said they were really impressed by the Morrison’s fireworks but really disappointed in the viper fireworks spitfire box considering that they are sold at a premium price I wouldn’t pay more than £25 for the spitfire box very disappointing box."

I think the above sums them up really well. It's frankly embarrassing for Viper (part of MLE remember) that someone actually thinks a Morrisons pack is better than their "premium" products. I'd definitely avoid them unless you want a large number of red and green fireworks for a rather large price tag

I second the above. The cakes were decent enough, but everything else was well below par. I'm not a great fan of the Jonathan's selection boxes having tried the older and new improved versions, but these are 10 x better. I've heard that the Evolution Jupiter is excellent though, and I would alternatively much prefer to get a Kimbolton Gold and add a few small cakes to that instead of anything by Viper.

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 2nd
I've noticed all the multishot roman candles and candle barrages in Viper's boxes tend to eject red / green stars, seems to be an obsession lol ;)

Jezzadw

Baronet the 3rd
Think this is why I tend to just pick up 4 - 6 bigger fountains, then you can pick what you want and know it will last more than 10 seconds, don't get me wrong I'm still a sucker for a box to light pre bfn just on the night of my actual display I just keep it big lol.

Think this is why I tend to just pick up 4 - 6 bigger fountains, then you can pick what you want and know it will last more than 10 seconds, don't get me wrong I'm still a sucker for a box to light pre bfn just on the night of my actual display I just keep it big lol.
Same here, I've got my 5-6 big fountains sorted. Got GoGo Dancer, Pyroshow, Jumping Jelly Beans, Stalagmite and I'm gonna add a Kronos and possibly 1 or 2 more

Duskyfuse

Peasant the 2nd
Good stuff @Duskyfuse . I'm gonna pick up a couple of KB Gold boxes from my local year round seller and hopefully try one of the smaller evolution boxes.
A local shop was selling the Bronze box for £5 at the start of the year, Once Kimbolton announced they were to cease trading somebody bought the lot. I kick myself for not buying a few now.

Don't look a bad box but problem is I don't plan on ordering from epic lol if I'm honest I will probably go with the bonfire max box from skycrafter... Any opinions???
I've only had a much smaller brothers selection box, however that one had some really nice fountains in it, so it probably isn't a bad buy if you get it at the right price :)