Theme Parks

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
That sounds so familiar lol, i've done that on a good few rides. If F.L.Y. opens I think i'll struggle to stay away from Phantasialand, also means it'll draw the crowds away from Taron so more opportunity for re-rides!

Reactions: Firey Dave

Vladster

Esquire the 5th
Oct 12, 2012
Edinburgh
I went up to Blackpool for 4 nights last week and spent weds and Thurs in pleasure beach. Glad I was spending two days in it as it was very busy, far too many tickets had been sold (apparently they're running a reduced capacity, couldn't see it myself)! First time their and really enjoyed it... Icon is really something else, doesn't look all that when you see it going round but once you're on it, damn it's good, no let up from beginning to end.
My wife and i rode Icon last year whilst we were down for the weekend, i thought it was great but she wasn't sure so we went on another couple of times and she loved it...i couldn't get her on the Big One though :confused:

Did you go on the Big Dipper?

We went on it for old times sake but it's really showing it's age, we got chucked around like an empty tracksuit, i even lost my sunglasses on the first drop lol but it was good fun though :cool:

Firey Dave

Baronet
Oct 25, 2014
My wife and i rode Icon last year whilst we were down for the weekend, i thought it was great but she wasn't sure so we went on another couple of times and she loved it...i couldn't get her on the Big One though :confused:

We went on it for old times sake but it's really showing it's age, we got chucked around like an empty tracksuit, i even lost my sunglasses on the first drop lol but it was good fun though :cool:
Yep we got all the coasters in over the two days, e'l

Yep we got all the coasters in over the two days, except my daughter didn't like the look of infusion so I got that out the way first thing one morning. Although allot of people would say she wasn't missing out on much there (tad rough). You could certainly tell the big dipper was old, but the grand national, that was bloomin intense and rough as hell! We both agreed we didn't need a 're ride on this trip, got off that thing broken! Lol

Vladster

Esquire the 5th
Oct 12, 2012
Edinburgh
Yep we got all the coasters in over the two days, except my daughter didn't like the look of infusion so I got that out the way first thing one morning. Although allot of people would say she wasn't missing out on much there (tad rough). You could certainly tell the big dipper was old, but the grand national, that was bloomin intense and rough as hell! We both agreed we didn't need a 're ride on this trip, got off that thing broken! Lol
I noticed that about Infusion too which is a pity as it used to be so smooth. The Grand National is all about beating the other train regardless what you break or lose on the way round lol, it's not even the drops that hurt, it's the way it rattles your ribs against the side when going round a bend :D

Firey Dave

Baronet
Oct 25, 2014
I noticed that about Infusion too which is a pity as it used to be so smooth. The Grand National is all about beating the other train regardless what you break or lose on the way round lol, it's not even the drops that hurt, it's the way it rattles your ribs against the side when going round a bend :D
We lost :(:(

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Just booked my parking for 2 more days at Alton Towers in a couple weeks. Very pleased as they've fixed Wicker Man in good time so i'm hoping it'll stay open till i've been! I'd like to do WM and Big Dipper as part of the same trip one day, to demonstrate how far Wooden coasters have come in the near 100 years that separates them, probably couldn't be more different in terms of ride comfort lol

Vladster

Esquire the 5th
Oct 12, 2012
Edinburgh
Speaking of wooden roller coasters, does anyone remember the Wild Mouse at the Pleasure Beach? for such a small ride...you came off that thing a nervous wreck :D

All this talk of theme parks is starting to make me think about a wee weekend down by the Irish sea lol

Dec 25, 2018
Birmingham
Speaking of wooden roller coasters, does anyone remember the Wild Mouse at the Pleasure Beach? for such a small ride...you came off that thing a nervous wreck :D

All this talk of theme parks is starting to make me think about a wee weekend down by the Irish sea lol
I remember the cars were a tight squeeze when riding in pairs!

Reactions: Vladster

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton

You know what to do mate, Icon is calling you lol. Plus there's some pyro shopping to be done down there, what a weekend it could be :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Firey Dave

Vladster

Esquire the 5th
Oct 12, 2012
Edinburgh
You know what to do mate, Icon is calling you lol. Plus there's some pyro shopping to be done down there, what a weekend it could be :ROFLMAO:
I'd love to mate but i'm already resigned to the fact that i'm not getting away this year for obvious reasons but i've still got Florida (if it happens) booked for next May so i'm clinging on to that for now lol

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
I'd love to mate but i'm already resigned to the fact that i'm not getting away this year for obvious reasons but i've still got Florida (if it happens) booked for next May so i'm clinging on to that for now lol
Got my fingers crossed for you mate, hopefully they'll have some sort of solution by then. I've got my Europa Park trip in April so I know the feeling, even if the scale is rather different. All the more reason for a cheeky weekender to Blackpool though imo, it's been a long year, you deserve a weekend off lol

Vladster

Esquire the 5th
Oct 12, 2012
Edinburgh
Got my fingers crossed for you mate, hopefully they'll have some sort of solution by then. I've got my Europa Park trip in April so I know the feeling, even if the scale is rather different. All the more reason for a cheeky weekender to Blackpool though imo, it's been a long year, you deserve a weekend off lol
Obviously i'm desperate to go but it's not the end of the world if i have to postpone it again as we've only paid the minimum deposit with BA. I'm just not that keen to go if their's still restrictions in place, especially at the theme parks....i just don't fancy standing around for hours in the blazing heat waiting to get on a ride whilst wearing a face mask. It costs far too much money to only get half the experience.

I'd go to Blackpool today if i could mate but my wife doesn't fancy it just now, especially with the recent spike in covid cases :(

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Obviously i'm desperate to go but it's not the end of the world if i have to postpone it again as we've only paid the minimum deposit with BA. I'm just not that keen to go if their's still restrictions in place, especially at the theme parks....i just don't fancy standing around for hours in the blazing heat waiting to get on a ride whilst wearing a face mask. It costs far too much money to only get half the experience.

I'd go to Blackpool today if i could mate but my wife doesn't fancy it just now, especially with the recent spike in covid cases :(
That's fair enough, particularly in their heat... masks aren't too bad just on the attractions, but i wouldn't be as keen if I had to wear them in queue lines too, certainly not with the waits they get in Florida

Yeah that doesn't help, i'm rather hoping the recent scare might encourage people to behave better next week when I'm at towers. Thorpe park a few weeks back was dreadful for distancing tbh

Vladster

Esquire the 5th
Oct 12, 2012
Edinburgh
That's fair enough, particularly in their heat... masks aren't too bad just on the attractions, but i wouldn't be as keen if I had to wear them in queue lines too, certainly not with the waits they get in Florida

Yeah that doesn't help, i'm rather hoping the recent scare might encourage people to behave better next week when I'm at towers. Thorpe park a few weeks back was dreadful for distancing tbh
It's always gonna happen mate, i believe most people don't realise that they're breaking the rules as they're so caught up in what they're doing but arseholes will be arseholes and their's plenty of them up and down the country :(

Firey Dave

Baronet
Oct 25, 2014
When I was at Blackpool a couple of weeks ago in general I thought what they had put in place was good with regards to makers and sanitizing etc. However I do think they had definitely let too many people into the park and we kept our masks on in most queue lines as there wasn't as a lot of people didn't seem to be following things too well!

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
It's always gonna happen mate, i believe most people don't realise that they're breaking the rules as they're so caught up in what they're doing but arseholes will be arseholes and their's plenty of them up and down the country :(
Sadly you're right mate, far too many of them, which is what really makes doing stuff hard atm
When I was at Blackpool a couple of weeks ago in general I thought what they had put in place was good with regards to makers and sanitizing etc. However I do think they had definitely let too many people into the park and we kept our masks on in most queue lines as there wasn't as a lot of people didn't seem to be following things too well!
That's similar to what I thought about Thorpe. Measures were good but didn't exactly give themselves the best chance really by letting so many in. It's what I liked about Towers, as it's so much bigger than most places, there's lots of space all round the park and in the queues. Only place that was tight is down by Smiler but that pathway is narrower than the others

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Had a cracking day at Towers yesterday, it's much quieter there now so social distancing was good all day, and we did loads of rides despite having some time through the day to take a moment out and enjoy some Oktoberfest food and drink. Really looking forward to Friday now, expecting more crowds but a night ride on Wicker Man is calling me lol

Vladster

Esquire the 5th
Oct 12, 2012
Edinburgh
Had a cracking day at Towers yesterday, it's much quieter there now so social distancing was good all day, and we did loads of rides despite having some time through the day to take a moment out and enjoy some Oktoberfest food and drink. Really looking forward to Friday now, expecting more crowds but a night ride on Wicker Man is calling me lol
Not gonna lie, i'm a wee bit envious just now lol

Enjoy mate (y)

Reactions: Somersetpyro