The aftermath

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now
Buy Fireworks From Our Sponsors!

aquila

Noble the 1st
Oct 22, 2016
sunderland
Here's my aftermath:
Fireworks aftermath 2020.jpg

The setup consisted of:
x2 Mighty Atoms (Brightstar), Angel Dust (Brothers), Wenus (Jorge), Sizzling Sentinels (Brightstar), Oriental Stars (Brightstar), Jewel of the Nile (Brightstar), Battle of Midway (Brightstar), Wrath of the Gods (Brightstar), Knight's Quest (Standard), Power Finale (TNT) and Fork Handles (Celtic) as well as a handful of DumBum shot tubes. Elsewhere I was also launching a bunch of Sky Hunter rockets.

My favourites were the Wenus - packed a massive punch for the price and bore size, and the Fork Handles - no loud bangs but filled the sky with huge bright comets and crossettes. The Sky Hunters were also extremely impressive for the price. I'll definitely be aiming for these instead of the War Hawks next year.

Biggest disappointment was Wrath of the Gods. Really low quality and undersized bursts, nothing like Bright Star's promo video at all, in fact ALL the smaller caked outperformed it. Won't be buying this one again.

Wasn't sure about the DumBums either. I was expecting much louder salutes, very reminiscent of the cheap air bombs you used to be able to buy 20+ years ago.

Sep 29, 2018
Birmingham
Wenus is on my list for next year, managed to get absolute fireworks gold rush finally this year! lol

i tend to avoid bright star - it's really overpackaged stuff but at least it's usually very widely available!

aquila

Noble the 1st
Oct 22, 2016
sunderland
Wenus is on my list for next year, managed to get absolute fireworks gold rush finally this year! lol

i tend to avoid bright star - it's really overpackaged stuff but at least it's usually very widely available!
I only had bright star stuff as cheap filler really. If I had enough money I'd have gone for an entire Hallmark/Celtic/Evolution arsenal.

Definitely recommend the Wenus though. Get two. Nay, three. Sod it, four.

Reactions: Potter
Sep 14, 2018
Cumbria
Well just finished cleaning up the stuff and was a good night with some really good stuff that surprised me and only had 2 problems but one was my fault as I didnt brick hokus pocus properly and it fell over but the only real misfire and that was the last shot of the 3 for 20 lidl cake burst on the ground