Sainsburys Fireworks 2017

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Well, I'm all but certain that Sainsburys will have a whole new range for this year, their stock from previous years has been popping up in various other places this year (incidentally, sometimes at higher prices). Hopefully it'll be a full change like Asda but expect to see the same stuff, just in new boxes :)

Reactions: jackstanley

Maddog

Esquire the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
glasgow
had that myself somerset asked around they had leaflets through the back but were under managerial instruction not to be displayed to the 10th

Reactions: Dan12

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
had that myself somerset asked around they had leaflets through the back but were under managerial instruction not to be displayed to the 10th
Back we go on the 10th then :D or the 11th for me, I'll see what they have

zephieish

Royal Knight the 1st
Sep 6, 2014
West Midlands
It may be a case of them stopping any confusion of people trying to buy before the 15th, I reckon they are leaving it til the last minute before putting everything out.

Andymcr96

Noble
Oct 7, 2017
Falkirk
It may be a case of them stopping any confusion of people trying to buy before the 15th, I reckon they are leaving it til the last minute before putting everything out.
but surely pre-advertising would help boost business for the fact people can scope out the best deals.. leave it too late business will plan on going elsewhere but hey who am I to say lol

zephieish

Royal Knight the 1st
Sep 6, 2014
West Midlands
That is a good point, I guess it's down to store managers.

Could have had people kicking off etc and moaning as to why everything's all out on display but can't be purchased.

Our local Lidl and Aldi are usually all set up by now, but there is no point of sale display yet or leaflets in either store.

Andymcr96

Noble
Oct 7, 2017
Falkirk
That is a good point, I guess it's down to store managers.

Could have had people kicking off etc and moaning as to why everything's all out on display but can't be purchased.

Our local Lidl and Aldi are usually all set up by now, but there is no point of sale display yet or leaflets in either store.
Its like if you like at the other threads on this people have basically 90% made up their minds due to pre-advertising.. their loss I guess lol

some people are just strange... :)

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Sainsbury's have always been late at revealing their stock, same with Tesco, no idea why but it's never been any different :)

Joe ciabatti

Baronet
Jan 12, 2017
London
Its like if you like at the other threads on this people have basically 90% made up their minds due to pre-advertising.. their loss I guess lol

some people are just strange... :)
I'm not so sure that pyro enthusiasts like ourselves really have any influence on sales. Most sales are to people who have no real understanding of quality pyro or interest in the differences between one store or another, they'll just pick up any selection box or offer that seems good to them at the local supermarket they shop at.

Andymcr96

Noble
Oct 7, 2017
Falkirk
I'm not so sure that pyro enthusiasts like ourselves really have any influence on sales. Most sales are to people who have no real understanding of quality pyro or interest in the differences between one store or another, they'll just pick up any selection box or offer that seems good to them at the local supermarket they shop at.
so you mean we're just different class? ;) lol

Jezzadw

Baronet the 3rd
Mar 15, 2016
So they release crap and don't even bother to try and create some excitement around it!
Well to be fair my local Asda, Tesco, Aldi, Lidl and Morrison's have nothing out either. Prob with the 15th being Sunday I bet all the stands go up Sat night.

Reactions: Ben Garner