PPE advice on CE fireworks - should all companies feature this on their hazard labels?

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 1st
I've noticed on the hazard labels on some brands of powerful CE F2 / CE F3 fireworks, some sensible advice especially Firework King 'Wear Eye Protection And Protective Clothing', and with powerful fireworks, it's eminently to do so while setting them off.

However not all manufacturers feature this sensible advice, so over to you, what's your view on this? Should all firework manufacturers feature it?

Duskyfuse

Peasant the 2nd
In this day and age it's best to adopt the 'better safe than sorry' approach and therefore it's certainly not a bad idea to display these warnings on a larger scale.

I think mentioning eye protection is maybe sensible, however I wonder if it may encourage people to stand closer to the article as it goes off? That's fine if you're experienced at firing and take plenty of precautions, however I don't think it's so good for the average bloke who hasn't secured his cake properly. I'm much more inclined to run to a safe distance when i'm wearing my jeans and jacket than when I wear something more protective, and i imagine most peoples minds would work in a similar way

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 1st
I think mentioning eye protection is maybe sensible, however I wonder if it may encourage people to stand closer to the article as it goes off? That's fine if you're experienced at firing and take plenty of precautions, however I don't think it's so good for the average bloke who hasn't secured his cake properly. I'm much more inclined to run to a safe distance when i'm wearing my jeans and jacket than when I wear something more protective, and i imagine most peoples minds would work in a similar way
I think the advice is purely for home displayers who've set out the fireworks in rows i.e. a home display where you are weaving in and out of rows of fireworks lighting fuses, some people are well organised in this way like myself, it certainly makes things easier but, as you are closer to the fireworks in this way, and with sparks flying everywhere, it is advisable to wear fire retardant clothing and eye protection along with a hard hat to protect against falling firework debris and / or flying sparks and effects.