My Very Last Minute Pyro

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now
Buy Fireworks From Our Sponsors!

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Now I wasn't going to be doing any pyro this year, but due to a last minute change of plans I will now be firing the following selection this evening:

TNT Thunderbolt Box
Bright Star Bomb Factory mines
2x Jorge 200g Silver cones
Kimbolton Blizzard fountain
Cosmic Titan tockets
Cosmic Alien Invaders rockets
5x Brothers 1.3g rockets (a mix of 5 alives and skycrafter ones)
Skycrafter Stinging Bees
Kimbolton Obelisk
TNT Raging Raptors
TNT Swarm Storm
Standard Ceremony
Evolution Starlight
Brothers Hercules Mini
Zeus Snow Storm
Celtic Mish Mash

No photo sadly as it is very last minute. Mostly lower noise but I insisted on a bit of bang ;)

Jezzadw

Baronet the 3rd
Mar 15, 2016
Now I wasn't going to be doing any pyro this year, but due to a last minute change of plans I will now be firing the following selection this evening:

TNT Thunderbolt Box
Bright Star Bomb Factory mines
2x Jorge 200g Silver cones
Kimbolton Blizzard fountain
Cosmic Titan tockets
Cosmic Alien Invaders rockets
5x Brothers 1.3g rockets (a mix of 5 alives and skycrafter ones)
Skycrafter Stinging Bees
Kimbolton Obelisk
TNT Raging Raptors
TNT Swarm Storm
Standard Ceremony
Evolution Starlight
Brothers Hercules Mini
Zeus Snow Storm
Celtic Mish Mash

No photo sadly as it is very last minute. Mostly lower noise but I insisted on a bit of bang ;)
Remember your stash does not exist without proof lol

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Had a great evening tonight, all fired as expected which was good :) reviewed in rough firing order

Standard Ceremony: Really liked this, nice and punchy and good colours. Good value for £15 i think
TNT box: Decent range of effects from this, obviously plenty of your standard TNT items, but good colours in the fountains and a nice mine/shot tube. Not quite worth £20 though IMO, I think £15 ish would be a better price for it
Cosmic rockets: Wasn't expecting much from these, only 1.4g too, but they really delivered. Clean breaks, good colours and even a decent pop. For what I paid for them, i'd even go as far as saying i preferred them over the couple of bigger 1.3g rockets. Very impressed
Stinging Bees: Good fun, can't go wrong for £3
Raging Raptors: The find of the night tbh. Really impressive little cake. I've always said that there's gems to be had in supermarkets, and this is proof. Nice cycle of different effects, and even a good brocade finale. Superb
Jorge cones and Blizzard: Had these before so know what they're like, both brilliant and superb quality, the Jorge cones have some good height too
Swarm Storm: Love these, great colours as well as the fish/funky spunky effect
Starlight: Another really nice cake, great range of low noise effects. It does have a decent launch thud though, so wouldn't say it's a low noise cake really
Obelisk: WOW what a beautiful piece. I'm a big fan of these rapid fire candles and the gold tails to colour pearls on this were stunning. Expensive, but truly amazing. My personal highlight
Hercules Mini: Now i've never had the big hurcules, but the little one I thought was pretty average. Good duration don't get me wrong, and some nice effects, but it seemed very untidy and just didn't wow me really. For the same money you can buy a Diamond Princess, i know what i'll be choosing next time
Snow Storm: A beautiful cake, one that I maybe feel is a touch overhyped, but very enjoyable nonetheless. Such a bright effect and I reckon 2 or 3 at once would be immense
Mish Mash: Possibly the perfect mid sized single cake? Awesome mixture of effects, love how the second run fires quicker than the first, nice and loud and as usual amazing quality breaks. Wouldn't expect anything less from Celtic

My best bits were easily Mish Mash and Obelisk, but as for the others who were watching? "Wow, that aldi one was brilliant". At least I know I can save my money for next time lol

Norfolkpyro14

Peasant the 2nd
Apr 5, 2020
Norwich
Well done I still have lots left including thunder strike by bright star elite but the bottom of it has leaked with powder so I stuck tissue there and sellotaped it

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Well done I still have lots left including thunder strike by bright star elite but the bottom of it has leaked with powder so I stuck tissue there and sellotaped it
I'd be very surprised if its powder mate, I expect its probably bits of the clay bungs, which break off really easily

Reactions: Norfolkpyro14

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
As Dusky says, completely safe to fire but best to take the extra precaution, a nice thick bit of chipboard or a paving slab work nicely

Reactions: Norfolkpyro14