Lidl Fireworks 2017

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
Ok, so maybe not much to go by. But I did get this message. As you all know we are not going to get a full answer until the leaflets are out.

But what we got told in the weco thread. There is a high chance of weco being in Lidl for 2017. On that note, supermarkets can change from time to time. So nothing is 100% until we see the leaflet.

Here is lidl Fireworks leaflet 2017

online-leaflets-page-30-lidl-uk-lidl-co-uk-1.png

Attachments

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
I'm very sure it'll be Weco, they don't tend to change after only a year, tends to be Bi-annually they review their contracts. I was impressed last year, the selection boxes were decent and the rockets really stepped up what you can get in the supermarkets :)

Reactions: AnthonyUKpyro

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 2nd
Feb 13, 2013
I think it'll be Weco, Weco seem to be the best of the supermarket brand firework brands with quality safety reliability and performance in mind not like the other brands with their mediocre poor rubbish performance, high levels of duds (especially on TNT) and variable safety. ;)

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 2nd
Feb 13, 2013
One thing i feel that needs pointing out, is the lack of a rocket tube in their packs last year... inherently dangerous in my view bearing in mind how many people do just stick the rocket stick in the ground and expect it to go up
It could be worth contacting Weco UK to point this out but you might be forwarded to their Eitorf headquarters in Germany. In the meantime, it's worth going to a plumbers merchant and getting some cheap tubing (of a suitable width to accommodate the rocket sticks) and cut it into suitable lengths to launch the rockets from or better still, go to an all year firework shop and get as many rocket launch tubes as you need, usually sell for a £ each. ;)

zephieish

Royal Knight the 1st
Sep 6, 2014
West Midlands
One thing i feel that needs pointing out, is the lack of a rocket tube in their packs last year... inherently dangerous in my view bearing in mind how many people do just stick the rocket stick in the ground and expect it to go up
Was going to mention this, extremely poor on Wecos / Lidls part..

Thank god they were nothing "big"!

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
Was going to mention this, extremely poor on Wecos / Lidls part..

Thank god they were nothing "big"!
Yeah nothing too extreme. And very much doubt it would stain future deals. I am sure lidl would take note this time, they would have had people complaining last year.

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Yeah nothing too extreme. And very much doubt it would stain future deals. I am sure lidl would take note this time, they would have had people complaining last year.
It's a major safety concern though, yes the rockets aren't massive, but we know that sometimes safety distances aren't observed properly, i wouldn't want one of them going off at ground level at 15m let alone 8m or closer :eek:

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
It's a major safety concern though, yes the rockets aren't massive, but we know that sometimes safety distances aren't observed properly, i wouldn't want one of them going off at ground level at 15m let alone 8m or closer :eek:
Well, it would only come down to common sense. If there is no launch tube provided, go buy a tube from the local DIY store. In the past, I have used many PVC and desperate moments, metal tubes. As long as they are fit for purpose and you have secured it to best as you can, (So it doesn't fall over). Then no problem at all.

All rockets are a safety concern, it just down the sensible individuals to find appropriate ways to launch them. Not like we see on Facebook, where one person was launching rockets from a drain pipe. (far too big and dangerous.)

starwinder

Peasant the 1st
Sep 15, 2016
Common sense, that crucial element that seems to be missing from so many people these days :D
well i cannot speak for everyone but dont you think that a bit cruel? not everyone purposely buys fireworks and sets them off inappropriately, i ave seen teens go mad with them in my local park but not everyone mishandles fireworks rthey dont understand in most cases

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
well i cannot speak for everyone but dont you think that a bit cruel? not everyone purposely buys fireworks and sets them off inappropriately, i ave seen teens go mad with them in my local park but not everyone mishandles fireworks rthey dont understand in most cases
That comment is referring specifically to the problem of no rocket tube being supplied, the common sense aspect being that all other rockets have a tube so these would need one too. Apologies if anyone was offended, it was not intended in that way :)

jmax

Peasant the 1st
Aug 1, 2017
so i dont ususaly buy from supermarkets but i do like to look is weco confimed for lidl?

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 2nd
Feb 13, 2013
so i dont ususaly buy from supermarkets but i do like to look is weco confimed for lidl?
I think it will be Weco. They were popular when reintroduced last year and seem to have a good level of followers when they returned, who wants crappy TNT? I certainly don't........:)

Reactions: jmax

jmax

Peasant the 1st
Aug 1, 2017
you sound very bias towards tnt lol not everything they have is crappy i agree i saw the post last year and how popular it was

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 2nd
Feb 13, 2013
you sound very bias towards tnt lol not everything they have is crappy i agree i saw the post last year and how popular it was
I had TNT from Aldi and Asda last year and the CE product range performance was about as dull as dishwater and thin as a rake : thin lifeless sparks, weak and disappointing aerial bursts, and no real variety of colours and effects. Deffo a brand to avoid to avoid unless you pick carefully and know what to look for. On the other hand, Weco's range is fantastic with great performance and quality effects and by 10 to 1 beats other supermarket ranges into the ground - FACT ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: jmax