Latifs Fireworks 2017

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

Si7

Noble the 3rd
Oct 7, 2012
I'm pretty sure the Big Boss isn't a compound cake. What it is mind is a stunningly good value 4 cake kit, and £99 is just the dogs Robin Hood is riding High! tbh
Yes you are right, I'm getting Big Boss 4pk confused with the Battle Master 4pc compound cake.

Reactions: Somersetpyro

Si7

Noble the 3rd
Oct 7, 2012
Nigel is right, nationwide you can't, Latifs do cover a specific area only. £180 is still one hell of a good price for these cakes

I would get them, however they're far too big for my garden. Plus, when you add the £40 it'll cost in fuel to drive to Birmingham and back, that's the budget blown ;)
Nigel is right down at £139 with the Galactic Forum user discount, it wouldn't be worth anyone North of Derby driving to Birmingham at that price TBH.

(I'm not plugging other forums here, just pointing out the Galactic discounts available, but edit out if not appropriate)

Last edited:

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Nigel is right down at £139 with the Galactic Forum user discount, it wouldn't be worth anyone North of Derby driving to Birmingham at that price TBH.

(I'm not plugging other forums here, just pointing out the Galactic discounts available, but edit out if not appropriate)
Under £35 per cake... and free delivery if you spend over £300 there too... have to say that is outstanding value, tbh I think i'd rather give my money to Nigel over Latifs if i was spending such money :) I probably shouldn't be taking this thread off topic lol, Latifs have some great deals :D

Reactions: Si7

Metab alam

Noble the 3rd
Nov 7, 2016
Birmingham
Contacted latifs, was gonna go and get it until some guy over the phone told me it's 150, put me off. They advertise one thing on there face book and say another thing. Excellent customer service.

Honestly I'm getting annoyed, If I get really wound up I'm gonna buy everything from Lidl and Aldi, seriously.

zephieish

Royal Knight the 1st
Sep 6, 2014
West Midlands
I confirmed that is was £99.99, suggest if you have the same issue in their stores, to show them the price advertised online.

Some new additions too on their website over the last day or so.

Some new Astra? :confused:, Skycrafter, Crown Collection etc.

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
I confirmed that is was £99.99, suggest if you have the same issue in their stores, to show them the price advertised online.

Some new additions too on their website over the last day or so.

Some new Astra? :confused:, Skycrafter, Crown Collection etc.
Astra are a new brand (well, someone's restarted it lol), part of the Night star/Bulldog group i think :)

Reactions: zephieish

Metab alam

Noble the 3rd
Nov 7, 2016
Birmingham
They were apologetic, someone must of got things mixed up seriously bad, or either tryed pulling a very awful fast one. I made sure the manager was notified.

On the bright side, I'm here waiting for there brochure. Lol :)

Metab alam

Noble the 3rd
Nov 7, 2016
Birmingham
There's prices that are similar too online.

Power station 1 for £60 or thunderous finale for £60. Makes no sense when epic have too spend extra on shipping etc. Latifs is a large group. Last year was good 50 quid was ok, 20 percent price increase is not nice. A lot of others have still kept there prices down with slight increases this year, but that's been the issue for years. big put off, some things are fair. But can be closely be matched or even beaten. Examples Celtic is priced heavily similar too online vendors. And again putting in the shipping fees and etc. I rather buy online.

Matching prices too online vendors is completely wrong.

Buy a jug for 50 p sell it for 1.00 in shop

Buy it for 50p and sell it online for 2.99 including free delivery, 2.00 will go on postage and other things,

That's why epic have offers if you pick from store. Sorry too bring epic in but it was the closet thing I could compare it too as I buy brothers mainly lol.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2017
Stoke on Trent
Hi all,

Anybody know if Latifs will be selling fireworks in their Stoke supermarket this year? Last two years they haven't

Also, their catalogue will be available to download tomorrow.

John

Metab alam

Noble the 3rd
Nov 7, 2016
Birmingham
No I asked them last week, however they mentioned they would be starting a delivery service soon!

They lied too Ypu stilll nothing, and by the way I phones in again and phoned out there big boss barrage pack is in fact 99.99, somebody over the phone tryed to scam me, blatant no way around it.

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
They lied too Ypu stilll nothing, and by the way I phones in again and phoned out there big boss barrage pack is in fact 99.99, somebody over the phone tryed to scam me, blatant no way around it.
It was probably an honest mistake, I have heard that they've had a few issues with their pricing this year