Halloween Tomb

I made this a couple of years ago for a Halloween party. Not a difficult project but helped if you've got a smoke machine already!

I used polystyrene boxes, one was from a delivery of dry ice and the other from a fishmonger - but any form of box would do. In this case a bit of cement finish spray paint and some black paint to age the exterior plus some bits of moss gave it a more authentic look.

A bit of flexible hose ran from the smoke machine into the headstone box. Here's a more advanced optional extra but not essential ....

Smoke machines create a very light mist that tends to rise up quickly. If chilled it thickens and gets heavier so stays lower to the ground. So in the headstone box I had a bag of ice and some dry ice as well. I added a piece of metal hose (the bendy type you use for an extractor or similar) that took the smoke through the headstone with ice piled around it. That chilled the smoke so that when it enterred the main tomb area, through a small hole, it sat a lot lower and heavier. Any variation of this could be used, including simply running the smoke across (dry)ice in the main tomb area.

The actual headstone was a pre made poly prop bought off ebay for a couple of quid. I used a battery powered remote control light for effect. The gloves were bought on ebay. They come with skeleton shaped panels with leds inside. Just a button press and they light up. I packed them with paer for shape and pinned them to the tomb.

ravon

Noble the 2nd
I made this a couple of years ago for a Halloween party. Not a difficult project but helped if you've got a smoke machine already!

I used polystyrene boxes, one was from a delivery of dry ice and the other from a fishmonger - but any form of box would do. In this case a bit of cement finish spray paint and some black paint to age the exterior plus some bits of moss gave it a more authentic look.

A bit of flexible hose ran from the smoke machine into the headstone box. Here's a more advanced optional extra but not essential ....

Smoke machines create a very light mist that tends to rise up quickly. If chilled it thickens and gets heavier so stays lower to the ground. So in the headstone box I had a bag of ice and some dry ice as well. I added a piece of metal hose (the bendy type you use for an extractor or similar) that took the smoke through the headstone with ice piled around it. That chilled the smoke so that when it enterred the main tomb area, through a small hole, it sat a lot lower and heavier. Any variation of this could be used, including simply running the smoke across (dry)ice in the main tomb area.

The actual headstone was a pre made poly prop bought off ebay for a couple of quid. I used a battery powered remote control light for effect. The gloves were bought on ebay. They come with skeleton shaped panels with leds inside. Just a button press and they light up. I packed them with paer for shape and pinned them to the tomb.

Omg I love this :love: