Fireworks 2020

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Word is that suppliers currently have a good level of stock. There might be a distinct lack of new items this year, although that'll depend mostly I expect on how well our ports are able to operate in the summer

Reactions: Norfolkpyro14

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
I do have that feeling if nothing is sorted by summer. I can see shops suffering. But, anything can change within a month or so.

Reactions: Norfolkpyro14

Norfolkpyro14

Peasant
Apr 5, 2020
Norwich
Word is that suppliers currently have a good level of stock. There might be a distinct lack of new items this year, although that'll depend mostly I expect on how well our ports are able to operate in the summer
Yea I think it depends if we are out of lockdown or not

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
As we're on the way down from the peak of Covid now, i'm hopeful that it won't impact BFN too much. I can envisage an increase in home displays this year though, as I reckon people may be apprehensive about going to a big display even by november. And that's if they're even allowed to run those

Norfolkpyro14

Peasant
Apr 5, 2020
Norwich
As we're on the way down from the peak of Covid now, i'm hopeful that it won't impact BFN too much. I can envisage an increase in home displays this year though, as I reckon people may be apprehensive about going to a big display even by november. And that's if they're even allowed to run those
Yea I Think it’s stupid, people trying to get petitions for bans as I personally think it will
Never happen but u never know.

FATKAT24

Baronet the 2nd
Oct 19, 2012
Harrow
It does look shipments have been coming in from China lets hope they start to come through in September

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 2nd
Feb 13, 2013
Bright Star Fireworks have no new items this year, their brochure and product lines are all the same. I presume this is because of the double whammy of Brexit and Covid19 and the removal of CE approval with a British labelling approval mark standard, we can't use CE labelling and CE approval no more after brexit by the way but it could take a while to get the new British approval marked firework stock to replace stocks of existing CE fireworks.

zephieish

Royal Knight the 1st
Sep 6, 2014
West Midlands
Bright Star Fireworks have no new items this year, their brochure and product lines are all the same. I presume this is because of the double whammy of Brexit and Covid19 and the removal of CE approval with a British labelling approval mark standard, we can't use CE labelling and CE approval no more after brexit by the way but it could take a while to get the new British approval marked firework stock to replace stocks of existing CE fireworks.
Far as I can tell, all that will happen is we will drop the "CE" from the packaging and I doubt anything else will change for the good :(

I can see nothing changing in that respect for many many years, it would be extremely low priority if even talked about at all.

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 2nd
Feb 13, 2013
Far as I can tell, all that will happen is we will drop the "CE" from the packaging and I doubt anything else will change for the good :(

I can see nothing changing in that respect for many many years, it would be extremely low priority if even talked about at all.
As we cannot use CE Certification no more after Brexit, the UK does have its own mark for consumer products, which, will have to be used instead and will effectively replace the CE mark products.

There will be a fixed transition period, much as there was with BS 7114 compliant fireworks, to apply to all existing CE products to enable stocks of these CE fireworks to be run down.

Fireworks which are deemed to be too powerful for 8m, as under (former) CE-F2 requirements, will inevitably be increased to 15m spectator safety distance, which is what it should be for powerful CE-F2 items i.e. a yellow label with amended safety instructions and the new CE-F2 spectator safety distance of 15m to be stuck over existing product labels.

The UK will be able to set it's own safety standards / protocols and requirements for consumer fireworks than have it decided for them by the European Union in a stupid 'one size fits all' regime as we currently have.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2019
earth
Won't work like that unless a new law is in place, so the former req don't matter as of now.

So depends if seller's want to shot them selves in the foot or not. Guess there's a lot of grey area with tube size and nec per firework.

Not just sellers it's if there been injury's and or call out of firemen.

Sep 27, 2019
earth
TNT Space Blitz 526nec compound fired as 1 piece but classed as F2 I could had 4 together still classed as F2, a grey area. Because F3 is 500nec above fired as 1 piece.