Firework Purchases 2019

Vladster

Esquire the 4th
The prices on the standard bits are very good, the little Jester rockets look particularly good :)
I fired 2 packs of Jester rockets last year and they were very punchy for the size of them but a word of warning to anyone who has them this year, one of them failed to lift and burst in the tube which was quite the surprise :eek:

Pyrobrummie

Baronet the 3rd
I fired 2 packs of Jester rockets last year and they were very punchy for the size of them but a word of warning to anyone who has them this year, one of them failed to lift and burst in the tube which was quite the surprise :eek:
I bet that was loud, was the burst widespread on the ground and how close was you?

Vladster

Esquire the 4th
I bet that was loud, was the burst widespread on the ground and how close was you?
It looked pretty big at ground level...i’ve got about 35/40 metres between my backdoor and the fence at the back of my garden but i was hand lighting so i was probably about 15m away (i’m getting slower in my old age lol) at the time it burst. The rest of them went up fine, infact i still have one Jester left in my mish mash box as my bottle crashed after that. They’re definitely worth a fiver a pack but i suppose it’s the same with any firework....things can go wrong at anytime so always be sensible (y)

2 years ago I was firing a friend's garden display (he's got 50 metres or so) and was no more than 10 metres away when a full size Royal Party King rocket went off at ground level. Equivalent to a 3" shell or thereabouts. About a week before that, a mid sized crossette type rocket went off in my garden and I saw two of the crossettes pass either side of me!

FATKAT24

Baronet the 2nd
2 years ago I was firing a friend's garden display (he's got 50 metres or so) and was no more than 10 metres away when a full size Royal Party King rocket went off at ground level. Equivalent to a 3" shell or thereabouts. About a week before that, a mid sized crossette type rocket went off in my garden and I saw two of the crossettes pass either side of me!
That must have been very scary and a heart stopping moment

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 2nd
Always wear PPE while displaying and observe maximum spectator distances specified on the fireworks is the rule here increasing to 15 metres for powerful 8m stuff as necessary, then if something goes wrong with a firework then you are protected. When myself and one of the members of the Galactic Forum fired a load of Cat 3 25m display firewoek rockets at the Midlands Meet, quite a few flashed thru and exploded at ground level and if you are close up this can be frightening indeed hence why we wore PPE whilst multiple firing the rockets :)

FATKAT24

Baronet the 2nd
I had plans to buy from Lidl, Aldi, Asda and Tesco but that has gone out of the window and can't buy anything from them now blew by budget in the Standard & Brightstar Fireworks guess there is always new year if they are selling. Lidl would have been my biggest purchase from the 4 supermarkets