Covid-19 - Stop Panic Buying.

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
Seriously, I went into Tescos today because I couldn't get my routine weekly grocery delivery. Half the supermarket was empty. Even the manager looked like he has not had a rest. People over buying toilet roll, pasta. I mean what for? lol. But here something for you.

90526056_10222829536112537_9016277930841473024_n.jpg

This has not happened!

Reactions: SilberWirbel

exeterpyro

Baronet the1st
Oct 13, 2017
Exeter
Hey Gaz,

Long time no chat! We are living in a crazy world this year. The number of people visiting their elderly relatives over Mother's Day was shocking too. Wilful ignorance or utter selfishness?

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
Hi, Exeterpyro, it is, I hope you are well?

I think its a bit of both TBH, your hearing reports still this morning all over Facebook, people packed like sardines going to work, I am still seeing people on my street meeting up. It's bonkers to a new level and no one is taking this virus seriously.

exeterpyro

Baronet the1st
Oct 13, 2017
Exeter
Hi, Exeterpyro, it is, I hope you are well?

I think its a bit of both TBH, your hearing reports still this morning all over Facebook, people packed like sardines going to work, I am still seeing people on my street meeting up. It's bonkers to a new level and no one is taking this virus seriously.
I am well thank you, and you? My work sent me to the other side of the work a couple of weeks back and I was only just able to make it back to the UK in time. We are hiding out at home to avoid becoming another case the NHS has to deal with. It is likely that all of us will eventually contract it, but now is not the time to do so. There are some 'good news' stories out there, but really the constant reports of selfish people is quite depressing. I do believe that the fantastic weather we have right now will correlate with higher infections - quite unfortunate really, given the amount of rubbish weather we had prior!

Reactions: gaz

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
I am well thank you, kids are all home so you can imagine lol. This country doesn't learn at all. There been plenty of reports of groups been disbanded and told to go home. You just start to wonder if we have any hope at all trying to rube this virus. :unsure:

ravon

Administrator
Noble the 2nd
Aug 14, 2013
birmingham
Tesco now have fully operational social distancing in place I think this is a great idea

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
I agree I think that's all supermarkets who have implemented the distancing. People need to stop going out and socializing and we can clear this virus.

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
What am I seeing right now outside, group of 4 people with the kids, also apparently it takes 2 people to take a small dog out. :unsure: Are we missing the point here?

Reactions: Duskyfuse

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Have to say, I've definitely seen the worst of people the last few days. Tests my management skills to the very limit, although I can't say i've been very patient with some people lol. But the number of people who're out with their kids, aren't distancing themselves properly, buying things that just aren't essential, even stealing things like gloves is ridiculous. And that's before we get onto the incredibly rude people who really will stop at nothing to make sure they show how much better they are than everyone else.

I should also say mind that that's not the majority, most people do seem to be being sensible and polite about things :)

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
This is the sad reality of British people. With a major pandemic like this people have gone beyond stupid. (Panic buying as caused limiting in the supermarkets) Boris has placed a semi lockdown because people have not taken this virus seriously in the first place. To add to this, I can see a full lockdown in the next couple of weeks if these fines don't work.

The reports coming out online about people still going to parks in groups, My street for the last few days, have been busy.. I don't think I have ever seen it like this before.

south yorkshire

Noble the 3rd
Sep 27, 2019
earth
Panic buying raised the awareness about the disease, plus the Uk has food for like 1-2 years stored up.

There's like online papers(reports) about some city's during a pandemic that went on look down, but forgot about to continue to grow crop and keep livestock, so then people then died by starvation 6-12months later.

Last edited:

zephieish

Royal Knight the 1st
Sep 6, 2014
West Midlands
Panic buying raised the awareness about the disease, plus the Uk has food for like 1-2 years stored up.

There's like online papers(reports) about some city's during a pandemic that went on look down, but forgot about to continue to grow crop and keep livestock, so then people then died by starvation 6-12months later.
What pandemic was this?