Asda Fireworks 2017

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

wickie2358

Peasant the 1st
Oct 7, 2014
Hmm. Went to asda last friday, no tickets/barcode card for the Enchanted fountain. Either out of stock, was never in stock, or ran out of cards. No one on the shop floor to ask so left.

Typical asda fireworks sales. Never anyone on the counter and always a 15 - 20 minute wait for someone to show up when called over the tannoy.

Si7

Noble the 3rd
Oct 7, 2012
I picked up a couple of Magic Selections from Asda Friday, paid at the returns/reception area and the guy at the firework kiosk sorted the queue without fuss. Waited about 3 -4 mins. Perhaps I was lucky and you were unlucky!

Reactions: Dan12

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
It was pretty seamless at my store too, paid at the tills, went over to CS, quick ID check, she got the pyro and we left. Was all of 5 minutes :) @wickie2358 did they not have any leaflets? all the barcodes are in the back of the leaflets

exeterpyro

Baronet the1st
Oct 13, 2017
Exeter
Took me ages. Most of the tills were queued to the back of the store, so went to self checkout. Took about 5 minutes to confirm I hadn't bagged the item (because the card was so light), then another 5 minutes to confirm I was the right age. Then I waited 10 minutes at the Fireworks desk with no one there. Went over to customer services - 5 minutes wait to speak. Then took about 10 minutes for someone to come after they made the call. So about 30 minutes in the shop.

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
Wow, ours was surprisingly good too, we just went to the firework counter, which is next to customer service, they asked what we wanted and she got them out, scanned and we were off!

No vouchers for any fireworks on display in our store and they were out of leaflets, so I guess they are sticking to this process, which is how it should be I think :)