1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, Remember to post in our Christmas section you can find all supermarkets posts have been updated Supermarket & Warehouse Christmas. Remember the more you post the better you and we get, We are a seasonal forum not just about fireworks.

Some old various fireworks

Discussion in 'History of Fireworks' started by gaz, Jan 26, 2013.

1. gaz

gaz Administrator Staff Member

Here are some old firework, I have just found on a facebook page, Found here https://www.facebook.com/groups/141066319965/10151658170789966/
  2. gaz

Thread 2 - Some quality oldies here.
  3. Maddog

Maddog Member Esquire the 1st

traffic lights :D those things were off da hook XD lol
  4. AnthonyUKpyro

AnthonyUKpyro Member Noble

Standard Traffic Lights Roman Candle;ah yes, remember this:-flame and a red ball then yellow ball then green ball ejected in the sky. ;)
  5. gaz

Haha yes I remember these when i was younger.... Shame they don't do them no more.

Welcome to the forum AnthonyUKpyro :)
  6. AnthonyUKpyro

Also remember Standard Silver Rain too;-a beautiful shower of tailed silver glitter sparks that reached a nice height about 6 or 7 foot high. A stunning firework! It carried on into the BS7114 years where it was given a Cat3 rating and safety distance of 25metres and into the nineties before it faded away along with all the other British made Standard Fireworks. The British made era of Standard was the best even though the fireworks were a little expensive. :shy:
    [hr]
    Standard Jet Scream was a fiery red yellow flame followed by two red yellow screaming whistles which slowly rose and screamed loudly fading away at the peak of their flight great piece! :blush:
  7. AnthonyUKpyro

:blush: I also remember the Standard Jack In The Box;a orangey flame and the odd spark or two followed by glittering balls being ejected upwards and I have a very good recollection of Standard Mine Of Serpents too-a glittering fountain and coloured flame followed by HUGE glittering thick comet tails thrown upward! :)
  8. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member

Some of that standard packaging looks so dated now
  9. gaz

the old was the best though....
  10. cossi

cossi Member Peasant the 2nd

I would love a fountain like traffic lights today. Wonder why no firework companies make something like it, to my knowledge anyway.
  11. gaz

I remember them when I was a little boy. You are right Cossi, wish they were around today. Anyone know when they stopped making them?
  12. Maddog

Maddog Member Esquire the 1st

i think the traffic light comes down to content in the firework may be wrong but something tells me it's to do with the content within it
  13. Si7

Si7 Member Peasant the 2nd

Wasn't Traffic Lights a fountain Ant?? Or was there a fountain & a candle both with the same livery.
  14. AnthonyUKpyro

Standard in the early 80's also did a roman candle version of Standard Traffic Lights;I remember this very well indeed! It had the same label as the fountain except with the following instructions "FIX FIRMLY UPRIGHT IN SOFT EARTH, LIGHT BLUE TOUCHPAPER AND RETIRE AT LEAST 30ft UPWIND" and was a fat squat tube with a black ground spike on it. When lit it would do a orange flame (reminiscent of many single and multishot Standard roman candles of the time) then it ejects a red star into the sky followed by a yellow star into the sky then finally a green star into the sky. :cool:
  15. Peter Mackett.

Peter Mackett. Member Peasant the 2nd

I think i must have had all these over the years,Pains and Brocks were sold widely round here when i was young,i still miss the good old British fireworks!
  16. pyro mike

pyro mike Member Peasant the 1st

Still got a few packs of these esco air bombs still
  17. Pompeypyro

Pompeypyro Member Noble

Would love to get my hands on those
  18. pyro mike

pyro mike Member Peasant the 1st

Got a good few bits, some really nice things infact...