1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Looking to keep upto date with fireworks and everything else? Try our facebook page.

Why not sign up Free (Like us !)

Christmas Tv Adverts 2016

Discussion in 'Christmas TV' started by Fazer, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Rich

Rich Administrator Esquire the 1st

Anything had to be better than lonely old man living on the moon right? Ok so I understand the message but it was cringe worthy. Old man looking through a telescope at a little girl, c'mon lol!

2. FireworksDude86

FireworksDude86 Noble the 2nd

Hah. Yeah it could be seen as that but at least it gave something unique and cleverly showed a poor, lonely old man getting a present that people take for granted each year. The penguin, snowman, bear and the hare all gave something a bit more.

Even the buster the dog toy looks rubbish [​IMG]

What is that meant to be? "Hook a duck" left over prizes bought for pennies and priced up at £15 on the JL website

3. Dan12

Dan12 Royal Knight the 1st

My fave JL is still the bear and the hare, thats going to be so hard to beat for me though, I love that song too.

I didn't think much of this years at first, but after watching it a few times im starting to warm too it:) Although not as good as previous ones.

Fingers crossed Sainsburys bring us something nice.

4. Somersetpyro

Somersetpyro Sovereign the 2nd

The snowman one IMO was unbeatable and they haven't touched it since. The bear & rabbit and the Penguin were both very good though

5. Fazer

Fazer Baronet the 2nd

I dont think its too bad really. Its still going to be one of the better Christmas adverts that will be released this year. Im waiting for an advert to top the sainsburys 2014 one!

Dan12 likes this.
  6. Fazer

Fazer Baronet the 2nd

Now here is a very good effort from m&s!! Christmas advert of 2016 contender?

NomeNome and Vladster like this.
  7. Vladster

Vladster Royal Knight the 3rd

Cheers Fazer, i liked that one :)

These adverts are turning into mini movies lol

8. Dan12

Sainsburys is anazing, youll have the song in your head for weeks.

Airing tonight during IAC

9. Somersetpyro

It's way ahead atm, by far the best advert i've seen

Dan12 likes this.
  10. FireworksDude86

Are we kidding here with the Sainsbury's?

Not seen it on TV yet but is that the 1?

Blehh. If thats the case the John Lewis 1 wins imo

11. Dan12

Not sure what that is cause it wont work, but this is the Sainsburysone

12. FireworksDude86

Yeah that's the 1 Dan. It's not awful and is an interesting concept but drags on a bit too much. Not what i was expecting from them I suppose

Dan12 likes this.
  13. Somersetpyro

Tbh I think they're all pretty disappointing this year, they aren't a patch on what we had last year

gaz likes this.
  14. I've got a small budget one produced in Northern Ireland if anyone is interested. May not be as polished as some of the big Brand stuff but its still pretty sweet and christmassy :)

gaz and Rich like this.
  15. I love the Heathrow airport advert with the teddies! It's adorable!

16. FireworksDude86

So thats the end of new xmas adverts now by the looks of it? (apart from repeating the same adverts in shorter cuts that they do each year).

Nothing stood out as amazing this year. My favourite...

The Tesco "bring it on advert". Has references to bonfire night :D, but also because it's an advert set at probably the right time. That time after fireworks where we know xmas is coming, feel it's to early to start with it but remember the happy times it brings and get excited for it.

As people say, the build up to the day is better than the day itself, so this advert was timed right with anticipating retail xmas offerings, adverts and light switch ons. Now that's all done, I think a lot of the excitement is gone. Aside from the day itself in exactly 3 weeks, there's nothing else to look forward to on the build up.

Lee2709 likes this.
  17. Somersetpyro

Ngl the best Christmas advert I've seen this year wasn't even British :D